Do You Guys Like Chenille Yarn?

Oohhh okay, thank you

9 Likes

I read on Hobbi website to burn the tail. I thought that was weird.

8 Likes

What method do you use for MR?

6 Likes

I love the way the chenille feels, but I hate when I accidentally snap it off by pulling to hard. :grimacing:

8 Likes

Tell me abt it…

7 Likes

It may have been hobbi I read it on. I was shopping around different sites so couldn’t remember but it does help with those that shed a lot.
I was a little spoilt at first as aldi’s chenille doesn’t really do that at all.

7 Likes

Aldi sells chenille yarn like the budget supermarket Aldi. Woah…

8 Likes

Really? That seems a bit strange :thinking:

6 Likes

I love crocheting with fluffy yarn!! Gives me a challenge, and makes the project feel :sparkles:amazing​:sparkles:

8 Likes

I’ve had burning work. It melts the end and keeps the yarn from sliding off the end and helps to maintain the structure of the strand. It’s not foolproof, but it does help me! Obvi the burning only works for acrylic yarn, and be careful not to set everything on fire. xD

9 Likes

At least within the uk it does. I’m not sure where else but its currently a 4pack of 100g balls for £4.99. Sometimes on sale cheaper too. Its seasonal too which is a pain

8 Likes

Oh, so you don’t inflame the yarn, just hold it near so it’ll melt. That’s really cool! Does it like melt it into a blob or something?

10 Likes

It is very annoying when the yarn snaps when trying to close a magic ring. When I make magic rings with chenille yarn I leave the ring on my fingers until I get all of the single crochets into it, and when I want to close it, I pull it off of my fingers and pinch the ring when I pull on the tail. I haven’t had any trouble closing magic rings when I use this method!

11 Likes

Interesting…

8 Likes

Yep! It kind of reminds me of when you melt a little bit of plastic if it’s too close to a stove when it gets hot. It makes a small, hard little ball on the end. Since I usually do this for Amigurumi only, that obviously just ends up hidden within whatever body part I’m making and is barely perceptible to feel even if it ends up as a weaved-in end.

10 Likes

That’s such a helpful and clever tool! :smiley:

10 Likes

Woah thanks you have saved me a lot of money. Thanks

9 Likes

Thanks this will be really helpful. :smiling_face:

9 Likes

Happy to share. I use for most my chenille projects because its so affordable. Theres a budget bundle online atm that has 4 white, 4 yellow, 4 light pink for just under £11 + postage. I go through the white so fast.

9 Likes

Yeh I checked it out I might buy it, it’s a shame they don’t have green

9 Likes