Do You Guys Like Chenille Yarn?

Hello what do you guys think of chenille yarn? I really like the way it looks it’s just that it is really annoying when it frays and when making Magic Rings it’s really hard to close. Do you guys have any tips? Anyways be sure to tell me what you think :thinking:.

Happy crocheting. :blush:

30 Likes

I looove chenille yarn! It’s indeed annoying when it frays, but I love how it’s different than velvet yarn but still really soft :slight_smile: It gives a different look, which is sometimes nicer than the velvet look :stuck_out_tongue: Since I make my MR different (I don’t use the “traditional” method) I don’t really have a problem with that :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Cool

9 Likes

Go to Instagram of ekaygdesigns and go to reel that looks like this:

What she does for modified magic ring on chenille yarn.

Also, @stichedbysisters
Let me know how you like that yarn from Hobbi.

15 Likes

Oh I never got that yarn I just copied the image because I thought the yarn and pic looked aesthetic :blush: lol.

9 Likes

Thanks for the tip as well

9 Likes

Chenille and velvet is different? :open_mouth: oops I kinda thought it was the same thing but people called it differently, what’s the difference between those?

13 Likes

i love chenille! it’s so soft but sometimes annoying to work with bc of fraying and sometimes it’s to fluffy and i cant see my stitches

10 Likes

Chain 4 then slip stich works well to get a circle

10 Likes

Ikr

8 Likes

Oh ok thx for the advice!

8 Likes

I thought it was the same thing too. lol

8 Likes

@Bloom or chain 3 and slip stitch! :wink:

8 Likes

@stichedbysisters I love chenille yarn! I found some at one of my local yarn stores last month - we went there for my birthday, my mom and I :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

I absolutely LOVE chenille yarn! (I usually buy it from Dollar Tree).
If you are having trouble with your magic circle: I make a magic circle by chaining 2, then crocheting in the first chain, then after crocheting the required stitches, pull it close. With Chenille yarn, I do NOT advise pulling it closed, since it will either fray the yarn or it will snap. Instead, continue to the next few rounds, then pause, picking up your tail from the magic circle, and sew the gap closed.

13 Likes

Thanks for the advice :blush:

9 Likes

Aww that’s so sweet :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Velvet is a type of chenille, its where the fluffy fibres are sealed together in this fashion. Like pipe cleaners also being called chenille stems. Velvet is the more shiny metalic looking kind of chenille but theres other types too.

9 Likes

I do chain 2 method as well due to being too rough with magic rings.

If its prone to fraying at the end i pull about an inch off and then burn the exposed tail. A type of chenille recommended this so I started doing it

9 Likes

That’s clever

9 Likes