Does anyone else find navigating the home page difficult right now?

So, with the huge flash sale thing they’re doing, I have to ask if anyone else finds this annoying and counter intuitive. I love that Ribblr is trying to promote people, don’t get me wrong, but it also pushes down the new patterns at the bottom (many of us rely on this section to grow our shops) and it just gets cluttered. Only the people at the top have gotten any sales, even the better patterns a little bit down. I understand what Ribblr is trying, I just find it annoying.

13 Likes

I can agree. I have a free pattern shop, and even though I can’t get “money” from my ribblr shop, I still like to see people download my patterns and try them out for themselves! I used to see my patterns on the front page of ribblr, but now only the patterns that are undergoing the sale can be seen. I understand the flash sale and I think it is a great idea, but at the same time, maybe still have that “free pattern” or “new releases” section bumped up a little bit higher. It just seems that in this particular moment, ribblr is primarily having a sale for the larger shops that also have shops on etsy, and some even have a blog. I think it would be amazing if ribblr could also ask people if they are interested in participating in the sale for places whose patterns are from smaller shops too!

5 Likes

If in the pattern shopping area, click on Patterns. Then you can use the sort feature to see the new patterns

2 Likes

I understand that, but the home page is what you first see. It’s where most people get most of their downloads. It’s great what Ribblr is doing, but it also covers shops that offer free patterns.

1 Like

Yes, it was kind of tedious to have to scroll past all of them

I was just saying there is a solution around it. I think the sale is only for a couple days so things will be back to normal before too long.

I think most people who’ve been on Ribblr a while know how to find free patterns here when they want them

I don’t consider the pattern search page the home page. I consider the community page the homepage

2 Likes