Does anyone have any hexagon projects on the go?

Hello there fellow sewists! I was wondering if anyone else has any hexagon based projects on the go. Personally I’ve started a little DPN case to hold my DPN’s when I put my sock knitting down so that my needles don’t fall out and my sock will stick out. I’m going to make the outside layer as a rainbow of hexagons in celebration of pride month (myself being part of the community), the inside will just be a lining fabric and I’ll likely use snaps to close it.
Here’s the little progress I’ve made so far, I’m hoping to be finished it soon so I can use it when I knit my rainbow socks!

I would love to hear about and see what you’re all working on.

3 Likes

I have 183 hexxies done for a quilt! I’m so excited to start stitching them together.

2 Likes

So manyyyyy! How big did you make the hexies?

2 Likes

I used a hexagon paper punch that makes hexagons that are 2 inches across. So about 1 inch on each side.

2 Likes

I printed mine off and cut them out, it says half an inch but mine are just under 1 inch because I made them a bit bigger when I printed them.

1 Like

I want to start stitching my hexxies together but i don’t know what thread colour to get for it… any suggestions?

2 Likes

Hm…maybe a white or cream thread? Regardless of colour used it should barely be visible, a light colour will be a safe bet because if it’s seen then it’ll not distract from the colours of the fabric. Regardless of what you use, try and make sure you stick to that one colour otherwise it’ll be more noticeable and distracting if that makes sense. I’m using a blue thread but that’s because I don’t care about it looking good since it’s just a small project for me XD

1 Like