Does anyone relate to this?

You know when you mention to someone you crochet, and then all of a sudden they ask you to teach them? Like I would love to help, but I donā€™t have time to teach 20 people! :sob:

17 Likes

Omg i feel the same

however i do run a crochet club where i teach 25 people!! :sob: :sob: :joy:

9 Likes

Thatā€™s so cool!

6 Likes

There are great youtube videos to refer them to. I also teach people, usually more one on one at our local senior center. My issue is more the ā€œcan you make me thisā€. Sometimes though ā€¦

7 Likes

Im going to say that I get more people wanting me to make things for them, then the majority dont understand the pricing/cost, or think you have all the time in the world to make something for them for free, or they just offer to pay materials.

Gotta loveā€™um. Iā€™d be better off teaching a class of 10 or 20, hahaha

5 Likes

my girl-guiding group wants me and my friend to teach everyone to make something. weā€™re doomed.

4 Likes

I want to start a crochet club in 7th grade! (next yr) I have many supporters. :)) who also want to learn
HOW DID YOU START IT!?!

4 Likes

My friend and I planned it during all of 7th grade and then this year (8th grade) we made it happen. It really depends how your school works (itā€™s an after school club) and we just talked to a bunch of adults. Itā€™s surprisingly easy to make a clubā€¦

4 Likes

ok, cuz the art teacher also crochets, and me and my irl crochet friends and making a diabolical plan.

3 Likes

This is so annoying :smiling_face_with_tear: I donā€™t mind teaching my best friend and my family members, but not people I barely see!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s so cool! I would love to make a yarn club, but thereā€™s already an art club, and I donā€™t want to put too much on my art teacher.

3 Likes

Hmmā€¦. I wonder why I relate to thisā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

This happens to me all the time :sob: One time I had like 25 people asking me to teach them :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Absolutely. And they never have the time to be taught.

1 Like

I have people asking me. Remember this is math you are adding and subtracting. When I asked them you love math, oh no I do not but I also teach them the beginning. They stop asking. I was 12 when I taught a woman she was deaf and mute but she truly learn. Iā€™m now teaching my niece sheā€™s left handed. Patience is a vertical. If you want to teach you can. Now my question to you is. Do you want to teach?

1 Like