Does Ribblr not like apostrophe’s?

Is it just me or does this happen to all? I happen to use the apostrophe often in my patterns but as soon as I save my work and go back to the pattern, poof, just like the great Houdini, it’s gone.

Is there a Ribblr wishlist of things we’d like the tool to do? I, for one, would like to be able to choose the photo we use as a thumbnail on our patterns, It seems like once we upload the photos we have no control over which one we want to be the first one displayed.

11 Likes

Yea, cuz some of the “featured” photos look stupid. Like “What am I looking At??? Oh, it’s a leg with string on it”. Not sure I want to buy that. NEXT!”

8 Likes

Hi,
On your shop, all patterns show your first cover photo. However, on search & craft pages, we try to show some more photos to make it more interesting for crafters, since not always the first one is the best.
In Ribbuild editor, go to your cover page, drag the image you’d like to represent the pattern (can be done on desktop only, not via the App - due to gesture issues on mobile) the be the top most left one.

As for the apostrophe’s, in which section of the pattern do you experience that?

Best,
Avi @ Team Ribblr

11 Likes

Hi, I’ve noticed it on the pattern name, sub-header and also on informational rows ( where I am explaining a special stitch or giving the crafter additional information).

Thanks for the info about the photos, I usually work on my IPad, so I’ll have to try it on my desktop.
Sandi

9 Likes

I’ve noticed the apostrophe thing in journals as well

7 Likes

I’ve noticed this in my journal entries too! At this point, I’ve just gotten used to it​:sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Yes. When i first really started using ribblr, I saw some like that, random pictures that had nothing to do with the pattern being sold. I let ribblr know, i don’t remember if it was a “complaint” option? Anyway, it was corrected. But, it is really weird and annoying that this happens.

4 Likes

Are you copy pasting from a Google drive? Because google doesn’t use a true apostrophe so does that everywhere I paste things to if copied from a Google doc. :angry:

5 Likes

We support the single qoute character. It is usually located left to the enter key on the PC keyboard and between the " and : on the mobile keyboard.

5 Likes

No, I’m actually typing not using copy/paste function.

5 Likes

Initially when I type I’m or pattern’s for example, it looks fine, I save the update but the next time i retrieve the pattern, the apostrophe’s are gone.
Sandi

5 Likes

I had this problem a while back, it has to do with the type of apostrophe you use I guess :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

I have this happening, too! It’s in my pattern titles.

5 Likes

When you upload pics for the pattern, Ribblr will randomly show these pics in advertising areas. I asked if we can have several pics uploaded but designate one the be the cover photo and was told no.

My workaround now is to upload 1 cover photo to the top of the pattern and then upload others I want the pattern user to see in the photo section down within the pattern. This way, only the one pic I intended for a cover photo is used in Ribblr’s advertising.

5 Likes

Great Idea! I have to try that. Where there’s a will, there’s a way!
Sandi

5 Likes