Does this happen to anyone else while crocheting??

Does this happen to anyone else when they are crocheting? Does this mean my tension is too tight because my tension I think is pretty good…

10 Likes

your tendons can swell from holding an unnatural position for too long… think about sleeping with your arm or wrist in a weird position.
Making sure you keep your fingers loose and moving as you go will help. When I knit or crochet none of my fingers stay held in any one position, they are constantly moving or at complete rest.
Unless you are talking about the groove… if that is a mark from your yarn, then, yes, your tension is far too tight

9 Likes

You should try using a tension ring or a finger protector.
The ring has a hole for the yarn to pass through so it doesn’t wrap over your finger.
The protector is like a long piece of plastic that slips over your finger and stops the yarn from digging into your skin. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yes! I thought it was my old-lady skin. I’ve been using bandaids on both my ring and index fingers for the past 6 months or so. I just bought a variety pack of the guide rings off Amazon to try instead.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08P8QGWP6?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I’ll be trying them out to see which works best for me. My biggest concern with them is a consistent tension. But I’m actually drawing blood on both fingers where the yarn crosses over. So I need some kind of solution.

Hugs, Valori​:hibiscus:

3 Likes

I will have to look into that! Thank you

1 Like

Thank you so much! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

YES!!!:+1: All the time.