Doodle Tools question & help center

Hello,
I recently purchased a pattern (Pumpkin Patch Worsted Weight Hat) and when I try to use the Doodle Tools to make a note I can use the pencil and draw with my mouse but I can not seem to use the text button. When I click it and click where I would like to type I get a check box and an x box but it does not allow me to type anything. No matter which of the two boxes I click they just go away. It is totally possible I am using this feature wrong so I appreciate any direction.

Also, I was going to search the help center for info on how to use the tools but when I click on the question mark icon and then help center I get the same check and x box as when I try to use the text tool.

Thank you for your help.
(If it is helpful I am doing this on my laptop on which I run Firefox as my browser on Ubuntu 18.04.)

3 Likes

Hi Rhonda!
When you click the text button you need to then click right above the tick/x buttons. The text box is transparent, at the moment (we are working to improve it), but it is there!
By the way, it’s possible you forgot to switch doodle mode off and therefore the help center button did not work. Can you check it again when doodle mode off?
Please give it a try and report back if it still doesn’t work.

We’re here for you if you need any further assistance. :grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you for the quick response!!
You are correct. The doodle box was still open. When I close it and click the help center I get a new window opening with that. Thank you!
And now I am able to get into that clear text box. I must have been clicking just off of it or something.
Thanks for the help!

3 Likes

Our pleasure. Great to hear it’s all working fine for you!

2 Likes

I seem to have figured out another way to do things incorrectly.
So I can now type, however after clicking the check box and viewing my comment, if I click the doodle box to close that the text goes away. Is there a step I am missing?

2 Likes

Do you mean that you’ve turned off doodle mode?
Clicking the doodle mode once enables it, and clicking it again disables, therefore hiding all your notes/drawing.

2 Likes

Ahhh, ok. Yes, I turned off doodle mode. So are the doodled items supposed to return if you turn doodle mode back on? Or are they just gone if you turn off doodle mode (which you said I had to do to be able to access things like the help center)?

3 Likes

You can turn it off at anytime to declutter your view and to be able to use all the normal functionality of Ribblr ePattern like tracking your progress, clicking to see video tutorials etc.
All your progress is automatically saved and synced, including your doodles! So once you turn doodle mode back on you’ll have all of your notes waiting for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmm, okay. Mine disappear but don’t come back. I have typed the same thing onto the page in several different places and each time I turn it off and back on it is just gone. :frowning:

2 Likes

That’s strange! Did you click the tick button once you finished typing your note?

2 Likes

Yes, the T, then the check and x boxes pop up, I click above them to type…do the typing, click the check mark. Then when I click the doodle icon to make that go away they are gone. When I click it again they don’t return.

2 Likes

It should be working in the flow you described. Sorry about that.
Can you kindly send us a short video in a private message? (you can use imgur)
We’ll take a further look into it.
By the way, please note that doodle mode is saved per page, so notes you add on one page will only appear for that page.

2 Likes

I will see what I can do. I have never used imgur but will try to. Thank you.

3 Likes

No worries. We’ll definitely assist you in finding a solution for your issue.
You can send it to us in any way that works for you, but before you do that, please try the following:

1. Use doodle mode to create a quick note or draw something, wait 5-10 seconds, then turn it off. Check if everything is saved when you turn it back on.
  2. Use a different browser or device and try to use doodle mode.

Keep us posted once you have the time to give this a try.

2 Likes

Thank you, I will try both of those things. The second will have to wait til I have a moment at work tomorrow as I only run firefox at home.
Thank you for the assistance!

3 Likes

Personal laptop - Ubuntu and Firefox
Work laptop - WIndows & chrome

(for clarity, lol)

Okay, so at work I am able to make a doodle comment, turn it off or on and it will reappear. When I then switch back to my personal laptop and reload the page and turn on the doodle tool, the comment I made on the work laptop is visible.
So, I then tried to again create and save a comment on my personal laptop. It went away and didn’t come back (though the work comment has continued to return when the tool is turned on). Returning to my work laptop the comments made on the personal laptop do not show.

I did also try the first item of waiting for the comment to save (went and read a few emails, lol) before turning off the doodle tool. It didn’t have any effect on my personal laptop and wasn’t needed on the work one.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update!
Unfortunately, it sounds like it’s possibly an issue with Ubuntu. Just to rule it out, would you be able to try out a different browser on your personal laptop? Everything should work on Firefox, but it could still be a specific Firefox version that is causing the issues.

2 Likes