Dragon scale dice bags are addictive!!

And highly sought after I guess. I made one then suddenly everyone wanted one! All three of these are made with Lion Brand Mandala Ombre, which may be my favorite yarn of all time. I did a different cord on the pink/purple bag and I think I like it better and will do the rest that way. The beads at the end are too small though for sure. Gotta get bigger ones.
Still gotta make a red one and a teal one for my moms coworkers birthday.

The pattern is free but I’m not sure how that works on this site with linking stuff? It’s super easy to find if you want it.

Have any of you ever made dice bags? Do you play TTRPGs? Oh I’d love to play DnD with other crafters.

15 Likes

These look great!

…I’d probably need a few more than that to hold my dice though. :rofl:

7 Likes

Oooo I love the yarn for those! I tried making one once, but I was pretty new and the yarn was thin so the bag was a bit smaller than I wanted. Been thinking of trying again now that I’ve got a better idea of what I’m doing!

6 Likes

I’ve got at least 3-4 different dice bags haha!

7 Likes

I have such a giant hoard of dice!! These can fit maybe 8 full sets in them? So by that math I’d need…20? Or more? I have a dice problem.

6 Likes

You should! These took me about 2 hours each so they are fairly quick projects.

7 Likes

Question- Do they have a lining on the inside? The one I followed they recommended a lining since the stitch can make some fairly large holes.

6 Likes

I’ve been wanting to make one, thanks for sharing yours!

6 Likes

These look incredible! Dice bags are so fun to make, though I haven’t made any like this! I love the idea (can you tell I super love dragons?). I love DnD and would totally be up for a game!

6 Likes

@Hatshenaniganz
These aren’t lined but I have made a bigger one that is lined. These are a worsted/size 4 yarn and a 5mm hook and I tested it and a standard D4 can’t get out. It’s pretty quick to get to the first row of scales and by then you can test it and see if the holes are too big. If you have smaller dice it may be an issue. Lining them doesn’t take long and you can always get a nice fat quarter for it, perfect size.

@TheYarnArts
Thank you!

@NerdyCraftyDragon
Dragons are the best! I assume when you play DnD you play a dragonborn? I hope some more spaces get created on here soon, maybe there can be a DnD one.

8 Likes

@BleachedJam Haha guilty as charged! I don’t always, but yeah, most of the time I play a Dragonborn lol I also tend to go for barbarians. What do you like to play as? Anything you are partial to? I think it would be great if a DnD space were added here. I would also love to connect with other nerdy crafters.

7 Likes

Go ahead and create a group! in the group tab, just for you guys.

Do it in personal spaces and name it DnD group or whatever you want.

@NerdyCraftyDragon
@BleachedJam

5 Likes

@NerdyCraftyDragon
I like to play as catfolk/tabaxi. In a recent game I was an elf who didn’t believe elves exist, so she thought she was human. It was good fun! I like cleric or bard but wanna try a druid for sure.

5 Likes

@anoswaldoddity
I just joined today, is my account too new to create those?

5 Likes

Yes, you need to be a member first. I’m sorry. Keep
hanging around, it won’t take long.

I also added the directions for when it’s time.

5 Likes

I love them. I have always wanted to make one of those bags, just never got around to that design though

5 Likes

Are y’all mainly 5E D&D? 3.xE? Any system other than D&D?

In person or online sessions lately? Schedules got crazy hard to get a lot of in-person sessions for my group (not to mention pandemic).

I’ve applied for a group for everyone.

5 Likes

@anoswaldoddity
Okay, when I can I’ll make one!

@Kevan06
You should try one like this! It’s a lot of fun.

@Karametra
I’ve played 3.5 and 5 and I’d play either again. Yeah scheduling is always crazy for DnD.

4 Likes

I have a group put together. :smiley: Crafty RPGers
https://meet.ribblr.com/g/Crafty-RPGers

I’ll get it set up ASAP and we can get be all geeky.

I made it private since I know some people can be nervous to have their games around non-gamers.

5 Likes

Awesome!! Thank you!!

5 Likes