Easier pattern gifting please

Maybe this got fixed already and I’m overthinking it. But I know in the past I could do a username with the @ in front of it and without both, while trying to gift a pattern and I was never sure which way was correct. I only remember one way never worked and it never told me it didn’t work, it pretended it sent it. And I had no way of knowing. Is there any way you can fix that so when I’m ready to gift a pattern I know how to do it correctly? Just a little note there would be awesome. I hope this makes sense.

16 Likes

I’m not sure if this helps, but you can check to see if the pattern was actually sent by looking in the shop manager under free patterns. Gifts show up amongst the free orders.

6 Likes

Yes. I could do that. I usually just ask them to verify. Just thought there was a way to make it easier on a old lady. :older_woman: :wink:

I did check and it’s there so I guess I did it right. I should test to see If it can be done wrong or if that got fixed. I’m gonna send you something to test it.

Edited to say it did not work. I used the @ symbol in front of your username and it still gave me the same your gift is being sent. So yeah one little Do not enter the @ sign would be helpful. Maybe instead of the your gift is being sent, when it isn’t.

Now to really send you a gift or two.
Thanks for your help.

6 Likes

Interesting, I can’t tell on my end if both worked or only the correct one (two patterns came through). Thanks for the gifts! That was a surprise :grin:

5 Likes

yes this would be so amazing!! please @Ribblr

4 Likes

Only the ones without the @ worked. I like surprises. Enjoy them.

5 Likes

To confirm, you were using @username and it didn’t work but you were informed that it did not work?

1 Like

Incorrect. I was using @username and it informed me it did work

1 Like

And the gift was not sent, is that right?

Right, It says it was but was NOT. With the @username

2 Likes

We’ve passed on this feedback!

1 Like

Thank you this has been a minor annoyance for months, I don’t want to take the time to look in my shop manager to check gifts went.
I wish it worked WITH the @ like in chat and suggested usernames to choose from so you could make sure you’re spelling the username correctly. Some have lots of repeat characters that are hard to get right. :cry:

1 Like

I think you are the one that helped me discover this issue. I just wonder how many I thought I gifted and didn’t. :frowning:

1 Like

Yup I remember discussing it recently. It took me a while to figure out things like that on Ribblr. Hopefully it can be improved in a future update.

1 Like

Hopefully the recipient would have mentioned it (if they were expecting it…).

1 Like

I’m sure it will be. It’s the little things.

Thanks again for sharing your suggestion.
Happy to say this will be implemented in the next few weeks!

1 Like

That will be great. Thank you so much.