Easy beginner pattern

I want to teach some of my friends to crochet, so I was looking for a simple but not too basic pattern.
I don’t want to start with a pattern that requires granny squares or just squares, but starting with a stuffed animal might be too difficult.

Does anyone know a good pattern? And what do you suggest to start with?

7 Likes

I started teaching my girls by having thrm do baisic chains of 10 making sure they can get them even. I started by making just a test square/rectangle of the different baisic ch,sc,hdc,dc, and tc. Then my first offical make was a jelly fish. You could always start with a worry worm, pop mushroom or even a coaster.

2 Likes

I think for sure to make sure to use non chenille/plush or any special yarn that will be hard to see the stitches with, the next thing I think would be to ask them what they want to crochet and then finding an easy pattern of that so they can remain engaged with the project and you can help them as they go, good luck :smile:

1 Like

Maybe something like this:

Whatever you end up going with, try to make it a small project so they can finish quickly and feel encouraged by it. Good luck!

1 Like

Try the woobles kits. The patterns are good with super easy to follow videos. Message me through ribblr chat if you want any of there codes

2 Likes

I learned with the Woobles kits less than a year ago, and here I am designing my own patterns! I 100% recommend them. I’m not sure if we’re supposed to give out codes though, since the patterns aren’t available unless you buy the kit.

1 Like

This was my second crochet project it’s pretty easy it took about 2 hours when i first did it

1 Like

Yeah it’s took me 30 mins to do that. It’s simple

2 Likes

You could start with some fun shape coasters that are beginner friendly

1 Like

I have a free sunflower bookmark pattern that would be an easy start:

I agree that anything like a cute coaster would be great too! Working in the round is a good place to start. :slight_smile: I hope you find something you like! How fun that you want to share this craft with your friends!

1 Like

To be completely honest, simple amigurumi might actually be your best bet! They usually only use one or two stitches, and the end result is super accomplishing, especially for a beginner! It might take some time if you’re new, but it’s worth it in my opinion!

1 Like