Elf Coat progress

This update has been a long time coming! I finally picked it back up out of my WIP pile.

Sewn on the sleeves and stitched up the hood. Added a closer view of the linked double crochet sleeve trim. This my very first Tunisian full wearable. Made with the Tunisian knit stitch and 6.5mm hook.

19 Likes

This is beautiful!!! You did an amazing job!! :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you! I can’t wait to finish this one.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, it’s beautiful! :star_struck: The bright colors remind me of a hummingbird :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you all!

Pattern is by morale fiber and the colors are so beautiful together. My initial intention was to make it for myself but I’d really like to make one out of wool instead of acrylic. So I’ll be in the hunt for yarn similar to this. This stitch makes this coat thick and warm.

5 Likes

If anyone ever says fiber arts aren’t real arts… Just show them this and their opinion should change

3 Likes

OMG!!! This looks tremendous! You are amazing :smiling_cat_with_heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I just seen this! Thanks so much, it’s literally one of those projects that I poured a lot of love into.

2 Likes

I love this. The Elf Coat is on my list of patterns to eventually make, but I want to get pure wool yarn to make it so I can wear it in the winter. There’s even a yarn dyer I’m looking at because of a colorway she makes that I’m interested in maybe ordering as a self-striping yarn.

2 Likes

Oooh yes! That’s what I am looking at too. Originally this one was for me. However I’d like to wear it fall winter and have natural fiber. I know someone else will
Love it.
Update:
I have pretty much everything done except the corset at the back and sew on the buttons. Hoping to post an update this week!

2 Likes

That is stunning!

2 Likes

Thanks :grinning_face:

1 Like

Where do you live? I might have some recommendations for you.

1 Like

Update: I just need to get photos on my Tablet to share it’s finished look! I just posted on IG if your following me.

Final photos. Would i make one again sure would this time I’d probably not put it in my wip pile. Pattern is free on morale fibers website.




1 Like

Beautiful Animated Text with Flowers

1 Like