En71-3 safe yarn?

Does anyone have any En71-3 compliant chunky yarn? I am trying to find some affordable options to sell my makes! Thank you :slight_smile: UK REGULATION

4 Likes

I never heard of this before so I did a little research. But, I am not sure which yarn would work for you. Good luck.

3 Likes

Can you provide more detail on what those letters mean? What they stand for ?

1 Like

@anoswaldoddity This is what I found: “The EN 71-3 standard assesses the migration of certain chemicals into the body if a toy or components of a toy were to be swallowed by a child.”

But @elaaa , I’ve never heard of the above before–is it possible that you’re searching for something like an OEKO-TEX compliant yarn?

2 Likes

@elaaa I suspect that what is being asked is a technical question that is most likely buried in a Material Safety Data Sheet that is located on any site that uses a given chemical.

So, sounds like you have some researching to do!!

2 Likes

I found this site that says their yarn is both En71-3 and Oeko-Tex certified! If you scroll down there’s a list of their yarn weights so if you click chunky you can probably find a good one since I don’t know what fiber of chunky yarn you’re looking for, hope this helped somehow :smile:

1 Like

Wow! Did you have to do some digging to find that ?
Cuz I was thinking that if the yarn company didn’t advertise it, one would have to comb through all thevMSDS-,talk about investigative journalism!

1 Like

Thank you so much :))

1 Like

I was worried about that too, but I just copy and pasted the En71-3 and googled yarn that’s En71-3 certified and found that site :grin:

1 Like

No problem! :smile:

1 Like