enquiring minds wanted to know (embroidered eyes)

8 Likes

playing with those same steps and stitches will result in different types of eyes, and a longer needle can make it easier for bigger projects.
I would also suggest you go in through the bottom or back further away and exit the same place, cut yarn, then a little squish to bury the threads in the interior of the body instead of tying knots.

3 Likes

I actually love embroidering my eyes in instead of safety eyes cause it looks cuter

4 Likes

And it’s safer
They used to give that advice regularly when talking about making or buying handmade gifts for small children. Not to make/select items with detachable eyes. My daughter glues them on then sews them in place with thread to make sure they are very secure and flat… Flat makes them hard to pluck off

3 Likes

Guys! I think I found the fancy ami doll tutorial motherlode!

3 Likes

I do believe you have!

@grannyroomcrafts

2 Likes

Well @Bookogoblin perhaps you can share. If you don’t, imma gonna bug you to write a book on embroidering facial features on crocheted items!!! :wink:

2 Likes

Thankyou this great its looks jst wat i needed for when i can’t get the correct safety eyes :smile:

3 Likes

Basically just get some black thread and stitch a small line in between the stitch’s making sure that your piece is open cause then you can tie a knot in the back keep on stitching until you get something that resembles a circle and the tie a knot in the back

5 Likes

Flat work will look different stuffed, you can also pull from the interior to add extra shape, like eye sockets. And I mentioned burying the end instead of knots because knots always seem to find a way back to the surface or coming undone

3 Likes

ooo ok thx! in a video i saw someone was using like just chenille and then just like sewing it in. anyone know how to do that? thx!

2 Likes