Experiences with Fluffy Yarn.

Hiya this is so random, like most of my posts but what how comfortable do you feel working fluffy yarn? At first I felt quite weird and it made me angry because I couldn’t my stitches but now I use normal dk yarn so I can see my stitches and in the long run it ends up looking so cool. Anyways be sure to let me know what you think.

Happy crocheting. :blush:

11 Likes

Speaking as a knitter…
It has wonderful drape and that makes it good for shawls, wraps, scarves, etc., but it has no structure. Everything you knit with it will forever be “floppy”.
There is no stitch definition, so textures and cables are out, and it’s too fuzzy to pull off any kind of lace pattern. The majority of it tends to mat or shed when laundered or worn so that it quickly loses the soft fluffy look and feel and leaves the item looking thread bare.
I suppose you could say that I’m not a fan.

5 Likes

yeah i think its probably made for crochet more than knitting because of the way it ends up looking

6 Likes

ive never tried to use it before (mainly because im not confident enough) but id like to try it one day (maybe for an amigurumi project)

5 Likes

Yeah like @Frogfrog said I think fluffy yarn was designed for crochet but it can still be a nuisance.

4 Likes

If you use dk yarn with the fluffy yarn then it’s easier to see ur stitches. hope this helps:D

5 Likes

so if i used one strand of fluffy and one strand of fluffy its easier to see? :blush:

4 Likes

Yeh, it only works with dk fluff yarn and dk yarn, I think I’ve never tried it with chonky yarn though :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Tbh, the stuff tangles and mats enough that a dropped stitch won’t matter in the long run, you really won’t see it and it won’t go anywhere

5 Likes

I have this furry/fluffy yarn I don’t know what it’s called exactly but I understand the struggle with not being able to see your stitches lol I usually give up on trying to count and just wing it, thankfully since it’s furry it hides my mistakes more :rofl:

4 Likes

Personally I’ve never used fluffy yarn I have a skein of it though but I honestly don’t know what to make?!

Please someone tell me what I should make! In case you can’t tell it’s white and grey.

5 Likes

Maybe a blanket? :grin: @TayCrochetss It would depend on how much yarn you have!

3 Likes

I’ve always struggled with it for crochet but my mum said its nice for knitting with.
I gave up trying to see stitches and just felt them for my recent fairy and that worked well and I’ve done double stranding with dk that worked a treat but it loses a little of the fluffy look.
I think the main thing is patience and practice

4 Likes

The skein in the pic is all I have

4 Likes

Snow man!

3 Likes

@SierraCrochets07
Yarn review!

4 Likes