faux fur poms

Does anyone have a favorite vendor that they like for buying those cool faux fur poms from? I can’t find any locally and would rather buy them from an online vendor someone has had a good experience from.

8 Likes

SIQUK 36 Pieces Faux Fur Pom Pom… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z94CJC1?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I tend to buy from Amazon directly as opposed to third party because Amazon allows returns.
I bought these, they are about 1/2 inch smaller than what is described. All the poms poms came in a air tight bag, and were in good shape upon arrival.
As for longevity, we will see.

7 Likes

I would also highly recommend using amazon from them unless you have a store in person that lets you see the Pom Poms. I have a store in person I go to on occasion but Amazon is where it’s at.

I made the mistake a while back of buying from another seller and was unable to get a timely return and they pretty much arrived shedding like crazy.

That’s just my two cents though!

7 Likes

Thanks, that is why I was hoping for an on line recommendation. I checked my local, Joann’s, Michael’s and Hobby Lobby but their pom poms are not the faux fur. I couldn’t think of any other kind of store that might carry them.

6 Likes

Thanks, I will check them out!!

5 Likes

And that is why I made my own last year. :grin:

5 Likes

how hard was it?

3 Likes

To make them? Not hard at all really. I bought the fabric and cut it into circles. Just handstitched around, stuffed, pulled tight, and knotted it off. Made sure to use either a thicker thread or quadrupled a thinner one. Oh, I also sewed a snap on, so it could be removed for wash or whatever. (That actually, might’ve been the hardest part​:laughing:). I don’t remember how much the fabric cost, but for the cost of the fabric it was WAY worth it to me.

3 Likes

Finding the snap ons things were the hardest to find. And the most time consuming part of the whole hat. Those suckers are NOT coming off this hat. I ended up not making more because 2 pair of those snap ones were about $5-6 and I hate sewing. I already have a zillion buttons and wrapping the hat “rubber band” around a button is easier.
I did buy a large quantity of snap ons once. They were almost $40 at JoAnns. I used a 40% off coupon. They ended up being too small. Grrr!
Cat Emoji GIF by marko

3 Likes

no stuffing in them?

2 Likes

the ones I see have the elastic on them. Easier to sew the button I’m guessing ;p.

3 Likes

Yes, buttons are easier than the snaps which have 4-6 separate holes to sew in. Buttons are faster for me.

3 Likes

i use my sewing machine to sew buttons on ;).

3 Likes

Well, Oooh laaa laaaa!
i dont like you lucille ball GIF

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl: i’m lazy

3 Likes

Thanks for laughing with me. :heart::heart:

3 Likes

life isn’t much fun if you can’t or choose not to laugh ;).

3 Likes

@LDSVenus

3 Likes