Favorite project type

Yes yes! I’ve made 2 pairs of socks and really want to make more, but keep getting distracted by other clothes :woman_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

I love that you have one of my faves and my least fave… It makes questions like these so fun to see the results :blush:

5 Likes

Usually the shawls and with a changing lace pattern it keeps it interesting. Thank you she is just a doll! Working on a cardigan for her big brother too.

5 Likes

As a retired US Navy vet, Navy sister and daughter of a USAF Korean War vet, I’m all about giving back to our vets… It’s a way to still serve. I am blasting through yarn right now to get more hats for Operation Gratitude done, and more chemo caps as well. I’m a caregiver for my Mum, and last year (and into the first part of this year, pre-COVID) I was also a caregiver for my aunt who was brought down from Boston after a catastrophic accident (we got her back to Boston in the last days of January… whew!) Most of my crocheting and knitting went onto the back burner for months (I had literally JUST received humongous yarn shipments just as she was arriving, as I had ordered them prior to her accident). The lockdown has given me loads of time to create. I am stitching pretty much non-stop because there’s nothing else to do and nowhere to go, and any and all commitments I had have been scrapped. But in the meantime, here’s some shawl action!

15 Likes

Your shawls are beautiful! What pattern is your knit shawl in your picture. I enjoys knitting shawl, hats, fingerless mitts and baby sweaters.

6 Likes

:see_no_evil: I’ve never made a shawl! I won’t hate you if you don’t hate me! LOL!
I’m the same way though, I love just about everything (including amigurumi :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

8 Likes

Your shawls are gorgeous :heart:

Picture below is of a crochet virus shawl I crocheted a while back. The yarn is from a UK Etsy yarn seller

11 Likes

Oh wow! :blue_heart:
These are beautiful… Really making my shawl bug bite harder :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you! I made that YEARS ago, but it has butterfly in the name… Sadly, I don’t remember :pensive: (downfall to my many diagnosis, memory of a goldfish)… Let me go look at my instagram and see if I had started including the pattern name while posting by that time…
Baby sweaters! Yes! So stinking cute!

5 Likes

Shawls are not for everyone… I know many people that just don’t like them, so why would they make them? :blue_heart: No hate here, especially not over something so trivial :wink::blue_heart:

4 Likes

Lovely, all 3 of them!

5 Likes

Socks are my main go-to. They’re easy to knit while teaching (homeschool our 6 kids) because they’re small, out of the way, and mostly mindless knitting. Hats, dishcloths, and modular blankets are next. I like simple stuff that I don’t have to think about. If I have to concentrate on it, I’d be interrupted a bazillion times and never finish. I’m saving those for when we’re empty nesters.

6 Likes

I used to legit be terrified of making amigurumi but I needed to occupy myself with fast projects when the lockdowns started so I picked it up. Currently addicted lol
But blankets. Blankets are my favorite thing to make. I can just zone out and hook.

9 Likes

@LDSVenus none are knitted… all are crocheted! The two patterns are free patterns from Yarnspirations. The top two are the Crochet It All for You Shawl, and the bottom one is the Less Concentration (More Conversation) Shawl. Both of these are great mindless stitching projects with easy to remember repeats…

5 Likes

@tygger428 Beautiful shawl! It looks like a mash-up of the Virus Shawl and something else. I love the Virus Blankets and Virus Shawls! Very pretty!

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes: love it

5 Likes

I enjoy knitting shawls and some scarves. Mainly because they use one skein of yarn and I love purchasing and supporting fron the indie dyers beautiful yarn! Would like to find some new patterns as I have been using the same couple of patterns from R and would like to expand my repertoire!

6 Likes