[FINISHED/Pattern Released]Testers Required!

The Sidney Sweater pattern is ready for testing!

This simple sweater is made using worsted weight yarn and a 4.25mm hook. The pattern is ready to go (I think!) for sizes 6 mths, 12 mths, 18 mths and 2 years, but…I was feeling ambitious so am working on the numbers and measurements for 4 years, 6 years and 8 years also!!

Please let me know if you are interested in testing!

You can check out more details on my IG page: @streatbee_crafts

Testers will be chosen on Friday 17th June. Deadline for test will be 3 weeks after the pattern is received.

Karen

11 Likes

I wish I had time, but your deadline is around the same as the deadline for my daughter’s Christening blanket… If the deadline was 7-10 days later I could probably manage it… Good luck!
(If you find you need 12mo or 18mo and can extend the deadline, my daughter will be 1yr next month, so probably wearing 18mo come winter, but could try on 12mo now and gift to friend with 6mo)
Ig: O Baby ~N~ More

6 Likes

This is very cute, I am currently working on two other tests right now however. I would make either the 6 mo size or the 12 mo size if I were to test it. I could make it if I were able to finish my other two pattern tests. I would possibly need an extension on the deadline as well. It you still need testers after my pattern testing is over, I would be happy to test.

6 Likes

Hi O baby N more!

Thanks for your interest!

I’m flexible with the deadline, so would love to have you on board! I’ve already got someone interested in the 18mth size, would you be keen to do the 12 month size?

Karen

7 Likes

Hi Rosetta,

I’m flexible with deadline if you’re keen to test the 6 month size?

Thanks, Karen

7 Likes

That would be fine! I’ll send you my email :blush:

7 Likes

Sounds good! Well you be sending the e-pattern here on Ribblr or another way?

6 Likes

I would like to test, is one of the smaller 3 sizes still available to test?

6 Likes

Hello @StreatbeeCrafts, for Row 3 of the sweater, are we supposed to do a front post double crochet in the back post double crochet? Because when you turn your work, the posts are no longer aligned.

6 Likes

Ok, just looking at the pattern and confusing myself!
Not sure why, but I feel like the photo for row 3 is incorrect!

Row 2 should be - DC then alternating FPDC / BPDC, ending on a BPDC then a DC in the last.

Row 3 then should be - DC then again, alternating FPDC/BPDC… So I think the first FPDC should be on the last BPDC from the previous round, making it at the front of your work.

Does that work? Sorry, was confusing myself!! Apologies if the pattern is incorrect!

6 Likes

That clears things up, thanks!

6 Likes

Ok, great to hear!!

6 Likes

Just sharing my progress pic posted on IG

Hope to finish in the next day or 2
Front is done, back is over half done, just have rest of back, seaming, sleeves, and neckline left

(Here was the pic I sent my friend on snapchat last night showing the front done)

8 Likes

Ooh, nice, I love the color! I’m making mine in brown :brown_heart:

6 Likes

And finished the back today… Blocking over night (just left the front on the board, out of laziness and knowing I wouldn’t need it today)
Coming along nicely, but not looking forward to seaming (my least favorite thing to do!)… Will seam (might do this step tonight if the baby allows), make sleeves, and add neckline tomorrow hopefully

6 Likes

Thanks! Oooh brown! I cheated and used what I could find quickly with a decent amount… I wanted to use some CSS in “girly” colors to send to friend’s twins, but will probably add a flower and send the blue with maybe a green one

5 Likes

Looks great!! Thanks for sharing!

6 Likes

Will make a journal once it’s on Ribblr :grin:

6 Likes

Here’s a modeled pic

7 Likes

Awww so sweet :face_holding_back_tears::pleading_face::face_holding_back_tears:

5 Likes