First time knitting cables!

Hi! It’s been awhile since my last post, as usual lol, today I just wanted to show off my first time ever knitting cables! I didn’t have cable needles and while I did have double points needles I decided to use what was right next to me, a crochet hook to hold the loops lol, it actually worked well, I used the hook part to catch the loops and the flat end to knit the loops! I did make mistakes but overall for my first time it came out great! I think the chunky yarn also helped as well :smile:

For those interested here’s the link to the YouTube Tutorial for this knit cable pillow cover :grin:

Have you ever attempted cables? Want to show off something new you’ve tried/made, knit or not? Feel free to share! If you have other suggestions of knit stitches let me know! I’m always happy to try new techniques and I’m curious what else I’m missing :grin:

That’s all, I hope everyone is staying safe and well, until next time :smile:

33 Likes

This looks awesome :blush: good job for your first time

7 Likes

how fid you knit with a crochet hook?? impressive

7 Likes

That looks so good! I wish I could do that. You did amazing!

6 Likes

@Allir thank you! :smile:

@CreshesxCritters I’m also surprised it worked lol my crochet hook were the thin ones though

@MaddiIdell thank you! I’m sure you can too, it wasn’t as hard as I thought once I realized how they were made :grin:

5 Likes

Excellent job for a first time :heart:. I love cables

4 Likes

awesome job!! u did good for a first timer

3 Likes

Seriously impressive! :clap:t3:

2 Likes

@tygger428 thank you! After making them I definitely love cables too :grin:

@littlemisswonderful thank you! I’m surprised too :smile:

@SweetenedWithYarn Thank you! :smile:

1 Like

That looks so good! I’ve used all kinds of strange things to hold my cable stitches while they were waiting to be worked, a crochet hook is by far not the strangest thing I’ve heard of! Great start to cable work.

2 Likes

Thank you! I definitely plan on making more so you’re not wrong about it being my start to cable work lol :rofl:

2 Likes