For the Muslim crafters.

So there are a few Muslim crafters here on Ribblr and I was wondering what food you can’t eat? Please I am not trying to be rude or anything I just wanted to know from a Muslim person bc I don’t know any Muslim people other than on ribblr

19 Likes

@Itsfayfay4 @SweetenedWithYarn @NessCat
Uh, I’m Christian, and I can’t eat fish without scales, no seafood besides fish, no pork/ham/bacon, only eat animals that have split hooves and chew their cud, and only a few certain birds. (Ik no one asked, but whatevs)

11 Likes

Im christian but i cant eat candy cuz you know parents :joy:

8 Likes

Lol, noooo!!

7 Likes

I know right! :joy:
halloween is like a day of torture :joy: my mom hates candy :joy:

6 Likes

not a muslim but i am jewish and i know in both religions pork is forbidden

6 Likes

Question here, cause i’m confused, i’m christain (have been my whole life, so have my parents), and I’ve only heard of the pork thing, can you explain the others? never have heard of them and now I’m curious haha

7 Likes

I also follow those rules and you can not eat, pork , certain seafood, animals with a split hoof , and you can only eat fish with scales and fins. That is called Torah observant I believe.

7 Likes

Hehe no Muslim ppl yet lol

4 Likes

Oooh, ok!!

So, the Bible lists specific birds you can eat, like chicken and quail and stuff, but no swans, and ducks are controversial, bc it’s like a swan + chicken, and the Bible doesn’t list it so no one knows.

Then for land animals, only ones that chew their cud and have split hooves, like horses have split hooves but don’t chew their cud, and tigers don’t do any of it, but why would you eat a tiger???

And for sea creatures, they MUST HAVE FINS AND SCALESSS!! So no sharks, muscles, clams, squid, octopus, pufferfish, yupp, none of that stuff.

Finally, you can eat any fruits and veggies, and that’s why some Christians are vegetarian, gotta play it safe, ya know?

7 Likes

You also have to eat fish with FINS and SCALES , at least that is what scripture says. Not one or the other.

5 Likes

Yeah, but I’ve never heard it called that!!
What type of Christian are you? Not to be rude or anything, I’m just wondering, bc there are SO MANY DENOMINATIONS!!
I’m a…DUN DUN DUNNN…drumfoll puh-lease…A SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST!!! Wowwwww!!! Crazy, ikr??? (Ik, no one asked, AGAIN, but AGAIN, whatevs)

6 Likes

Oooh, yeahhh, forgot that

5 Likes

Ofc I can’t really remember but I know what I am is called Torah observant. And I believe that we should keep the Torah and I also believe in Yesiah (Jesus)

6 Likes

I’m christian and my family was strict but its funny we eat pernil but not molleja(pig intestine), we eat shrimp,clams, mussels, fish with scales. I do not eat any only shrimp and pernil rare occasion. My son said Muslim does not eat pork.

7 Likes

My son wrote this:
Forbidden food substances include alcohol, pork, carrion, the meat of carnivores, and animals that died due to illness, injury, stunning, poisoning, or slaughtering not in the name of God.

6 Likes

Ah yes those things too they have to be slaughtered right.

5 Likes

@ellan3326 @Pickle42 what you guys said sounds jewish though? especially pickle b/c of the torah thing. ive been a christian my whole life and never heard of any other christian that follows those rules :sweat_smile: idk maybe i need to like, * actually * read my bible :skull: even then id never give up my bacon tho- (i swear im not trying to start a fight just genuinely confused :])

6 Likes

Yeah, there are many christian denominations, and they have different rules. But Pickle and I aren’t Jewish, we just have different eating rules : )

5 Likes

Hi Pickle! This isn’t rude at all :heart: ! So in Islam, we have foods that are haram :-1:t3: (impermissible to eat) and halal :+1:t3: (permissible to eat). We cannot have alcohol :beers: , pork :pig: , the meat of carnivores :lion: , and animals that died from illness injury, stunning, or poisoning and weren’t slaughtered in the name of God:sparkles:. Some Muslims also don’t eat shellfish (lobsters, shrimp, etc.) and insects.
Sadly a lot of candies contain gelatin (pork) :sob: so before i buy a candy i have to google if its halal first lol :see_no_evil:
The other day someone at a party gave me Lifesavers (which I enjoyed immensely lol) and then my friend told me they have pork :sob:

9 Likes