Friday FriYAY!!

Everybody have a wonderful weekend, engaging in whatever brings you joy… crafting, riding a bike, playing with animals, taking a drive, hiking, or just sitting outside and enjoying nature. Be well, be safe… and make sure to take time to relax.

It’s still quite hot and steamy here in central Florida, so I will be inside, making all sorts of lovely yarny things.

Take care, y’all!

12 Likes

Awesome post! Happy weekend everyone :slight_smile:
@Abbeymade @KatePolizzi I see you’ve sent winter our way!

2 Likes

Lori, I really enjoy reading your posts! They immediately put me in a good mood, so thank you!

Today in London it was the classic Autumn weather - sunny in the morning, raining in the afternoon, and overall a bit chilly, but I love seeing the leaves change color and cover the roads :maple_leaf:

I’m still working on the new jumper design, I’m slowly getting there!

4 Likes

Awwww… thanks @Lir! The world is in a pretty strange place right now, so I try to put a positive spin on life. I love, love, love that color! So pretty!! Sweater weather is rare here. I have a few long sleeve shirts and a few sweatshirts, but that’s it. My “cold” weather lasts 6-8 weeks, then POOF! We need jackets first thing in the morning and in the evening, but the climate is pretty temperate for the most part. I used to live in Boston, Philadelphia, New York, Cleveland Ohio, and Norfolk Virginia… I loved seeing the leaves change color. We don’t get much of that here. I’m looking forward to apple cider and all things cinnamon apple or caramel apple. Meanwhile, people here are losing their minds over anything pumpkin spiced (meh),

4 Likes

Oops sorry! It’s warming up here today!

3 Likes

That’s nice :slight_smile:
And congrats on the new pattern! Looks amazing. I know many crafters will enjoy it :partying_face:
How many sizes are available?

2 Likes

There are 15 sizes! 6 for kids (2-12) then 9 for adults XS to 5XL. I’m VERY proud of this pattern. Stay tuned for the cardigan version…

It’s about 25deg here today. This morning I went for a bushwalk nearby with my daughter and hubby. It was just spectacular. Saw heaps of native orchids in flower and loads of Waratah’s out. you should google Waratah flowers, they’re amazing.

5 Likes

Blockquote Saw heaps of native orchids in flower and loads of Waratah’s out. you should google Waratah flowers, they’re amazing.

Abbey, I did Google them… they’re beautiful!

2 Likes

I thought so, since you mentioned it on our launch party!
is this the flower? :point_down: I’ve never seen anything like that. Is it native to Australia?

4 Likes

Yes that’s it! Yes it’s an Aussie Native. It’s the flower emblem for NSW, the state I’m in. They’re really big flowers, quite meaty and substantial!

3 Likes

How beautiful… and so unique!

1 Like

“meh” indeed! I’m with you - caramel apple ftw!!!
Enjoy what’s left of this beautiful fall weekend!
:orange_heart::brown_heart::yellow_heart::heart:

4 Likes

It “cooled down” a little here because of the rain and clouds today (81F)… trying to get into the fall spirit (tough to do in Florida… LOL) Having a ham slice, sweet potato, and warm cinnamon apples for dinner tonight.

2 Likes

I hope your weekend went well!
It was WAY too quickly over here. Busy but enjoyable. Managed to finish a hat, work on a sweater swatch and make some progress on a pair of socks. Now on to a new week!

3 Likes

Sounds like a great weekend to me! I got a slew of baby hats done, and more are still in the mix. It’s been rainy this weekend!

3 Likes

Awww, baby hats are so cute! Pics?

3 Likes

Some baby hats I’ve done. I have a few patterns that I rotate through with lots of pretty, colorful yarns.

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes