[FULL] Need Testers for a blanket

I have had this pattern tested previously, BUT I would love to have 2 testers to make sure that the way I put it into Ribblr works and there’s no mistakes (I had my original file open and tried to type it into Ribblr on my iPad, so typos and missed instructions would be a possibility…)

For this that saw my Christening Blanket Saga, this is the original design using thicker yarn and bigger hook, but has the same “relief” of a cross in the middle of the textured blanket

I have 2 sizes: Baby (approx. 26" x 38") and Toddler/Lapghan (approx. 38" x 50") and I’d like 1 tester per size

Materials:
~ 1100-1700yds worsted weight yarn
~ H/8/5.00mm hook
~ Blunt-end needle (for weaving in ends)

Gauge:
10 rows x 16 sts (in pattern) = 4"

Beginner to advanced beginner… one stitch is not a “typical” stitch, but a variation of one, and is explained in pattern- I eventually plan to add a video, but for the test you need to already have a basic understanding of the xdc (xtrc in UK)… I also use a chainless dc (trc in UK), but I’m ok with tester using chain 3 or preferred starting dc (again it’s explained in pattern, but no pic or video yet)

Requirements:
~ Fully test pattern, only changing starting (first) dc if preferred
~ Create journal on Ribblr
~ Weekly updates
~ Finish by 14 Oct 2022 (6 weeks after sending pattern, plan to send Fri 2 Sept 2022)
~ Give feedback on instructions and grammar/typos
~ Complete Survey I’ll send around 1 Oct 2022
~ Let me know if I can use your photos for promo (credit will be given!)

Reply here and let me know where I can see an example of your work, any type of crochet blanket would be super helpful (you can just share a pic or 2 here also)

(I know, I need an updated picture)

11 Likes

Hi! I would love to test for you, baby size. I haven’t actually made a blanket before, but have a couple in progress.
I’ve made lots of amigurumi, some scarves, many hats, and even a sweater vest once. I’ve made squares for @AYarnofSerendipity before, and many granny squares and coasters as well.

https://www.instagram.com/nokittenaround_studio/?hl=en

I also have some pictures of things not posted on there.
Here’s a link to some things I’ve made! My former business partner managed our Insta, it hasn’t been taken down yet so you can see some of the things I’ve made. Please keep in mind some things on there she made, but I have/can make those things : )
Thanks so much for considering me as a tester! :two_hearts:
:orange_heart:Nicole

5 Likes

I’ll do the toddler size if you’d like. :relaxed: I’d made probably 100 blankets over the years until I started amigurumi this year.

5 Likes

Thank you @NoKittenAroundStudio and @anoswaldoddity !! Perfect that you both want different sizes :grin:
I’m finishing transposing it into Ribblr today and will get it sent over tomorrow (baby size is done, toddler is half done; but even if I don’t have the full thing in I can send so you can get started, Debi)
I have made both sizes a few times and usually take just under a month while doing other projects (well before having my current baby haha), so I’m hoping 6 weeks is enough, but I can be a little flexible if needed (want to publish 15 Oct, but willing to push to the end of the month if absolutely necessary…)
Keep me updated (even if the progress is nothing) :grin:

(If I get it finished today I will send today, since I have testers already)

5 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m super excited to test for you, I totally love the design :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

You’ve seen plenty of my work lady!

4 Likes

@NoKittenAroundStudio & @anoswaldoddity I think I got it all figured out! After I had it 75% transcribed, I decided to write it differently. Please tell me if it makes it hard to understand. If I separate the 2 blankets, the maker would either have their journal say it’s not 100% complete or I’d have to make 2 e-patterns and I’d rather keep them as 1 for the single price… The deadline does not change just because I’ve sent it the night before, if you get to it tonight, you’ll just have an extra couple hours :wink:
Looking forward to your feedback and makes! :heart::black_heart::white_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi! I can’t find the pattern, did you say you sent it?
@OBabyNMore

2 Likes

Did you look under the tab testing? @NoKittenAroundStudio

2 Likes

Go to my patterns, then testing .

2 Likes

Yeah I sent it last night, let me check on my end

2 Likes

I sent again, but it’s showing I had sent last night with anoswaldoddity

@NoKittenAroundStudio

2 Likes

@anoswaldoddity yes, I did. I’ll check again @OBabyNMore