Get your WIPS under control!

13 Likes

Nice theory, but sadly I know this wouldn’t help me… In fact I have this terrible crippling mindset that occurs using this method… Basically if the one project that I feel needs done first (because it’s quickest or deadline or whatever) isn’t the one that I want to do right now, I’ll sit and not do anything because I feel guilty that I should work on Project A by I want to work on Project C (or a brand new start - I have the worst case of startitis too haha)

5 Likes

The author’s absolute shock at having six(!) WIPs killed me. Like, my adhd self has over thirty crochet WIPs alone. And that’s not even counting the projects for which I’ve purchased the materials but haven’t yet started and knitting and sewing WIPs.

3 Likes

I know, I thought the same thing, I probably have close to 20 and at least 5 are blankets.

3 Likes

I don’t mind having lots of WIPs going - what I work on depends on my mood and need. I try to keep to the rule of I can not start a new project until I finish at least one that I am working on. This doesn’t always work but I try :slight_smile: .

I have blankets, scarves, amigurumi all in progress.

Maybe the one tip from that post I do like is to have a record of patterns started - I’’m not to bad at remembering which pattern is which but there have been a few where I have forgotten the pattern name or designer.

3 Likes

I try to have a Mac of 5 that I am working on at a a time.
One that is relatively easy / repetitive and doesn’t need much thought (usually a cardigan or a clothing item of some sort) , one that needs to have a pattern with me most of the time (these are usually amigurumi), one that I am doing for my shop, and usually one that just needs to be sewn (sometimes I don’t feel like crochet but want to make something so I sew the pieces together instead, and usually I’ve got something that needs frogging so I keep that for when I am not feeling making something but want to feel productive​:joy:

1 Like

Off and I’ve got the granny squares Disney blanket that I haven’t touched since issue 4 (I’ve just had number 19 through my door​:woman_facepalming:t3:)

1 Like

I get ALL that!
I do all of above. I can only concentrate so long when following an intense pattern,

1 Like