Gifting Patterns?

Hi! So Iā€™m wondering about this. I have a few patterns that are paid but I got them from testing for free, so if I click the gift icon, do I have to pay? I didnā€™t click it yet because I needed to know what would happen. Do I have to pay to gift it to them? Thanks <3

13 Likes

If you mean gifting a paid pattern to your testers, no you donā€™t have to pay :]

7 Likes

I think she means gifting a paid pattern to a friend, not a tester.

7 Likes

Ohhh not sure then. Itā€™d probably be the same right?

7 Likes

I dont know myself, it might be it might not. Im not much help in this case

7 Likes

@Ribblr ?

7 Likes

If you want to gift a pattern that you did not create to someone else, yes you have to pay the designer

10 Likes

I would say yes you can gift to a friend. But youd have to pay the designer first sense its not a free pattern to anyone else.

7 Likes

I would liken it to going to targetā€¦ you can gift any item you want to a friend as long as you pay for it, then its yours to do with as you wish, but you would have to buy multiple items if you wanted to give several friends the same gift. other wise it would be stealingā€¦ from the store/designer.

5 Likes

If itā€™s an item from your shop that you intend to gift, itā€™s free, if itā€™s a free pattern (not yours) that youā€™re gifting to a friend itā€™s free but it counts towards the friendā€™s 5 free daily patterns

If itā€™s a paid pattern youā€™re gifting to a friend you do have to pay for it, hope that explains it! Let me know if you need more clarification and I can try to explain better :smile:

8 Likes

I think they did away with the gifting free patterns all together

2 Likes