Grid crochet

Hello! So i do amigurumi and i’ve been crocheting for about a year maybe less. I would say i’m at about an intermediate level. i have done a few granny squares and a cat beanie, and i would like to get into grid crochet. I have a pinterest video saved on a mushroom grid, and i was just wondering if anyone has any tips. I struggle with color change sometimes. I also wonder about weaving in ends, because mine always just come right back out. Please help me out! Also, if you have any beginner grids or know where i can find them, (i prefer the picture that show the actual like colors n stuff)

10 Likes

in crochet, the cleanest and most simple color change you can do:
last stitch of color A, yo and pull through the right amount of times for your stitch, but on the last yo before the last pull through you will change colors and finish the yo and final pull through with color B
that’s it.

9 Likes

Weave the ends back and forth 3 times, in the same color so it doesn’t show. Make sure it looks good on both sides.

I have this free airplane chart that could be what you are looking for. May be a little big though. Check it out.

5 Likes

Like grannyroomcrafts said I personally do that as well however I recently found this and I can’t speak to how well it works but I was going to try it when I had the chance, if you’re interested in the way grannyroomcrafts and I said I can try and find a video if it’s a little confusing to read :grin:

4 Likes

I have typed this out before in line by line of instructions, and this does the exact same thing I said with twice as many steps for no reason. I can not for the life of me imagine why you would want to do it this way, but I can type it all out again in the side by side comparison to show it.
this video has 8 different methods for you to peruse

HOW to CHANGE COLORS in CROCHET - 8 Different Ways by Naztazia - YouTube

6 Likes

Here’s a great video for graphing
And color changes

5 Likes

thanks for the explanation i was thinking about that!

4 Likes

thanks so much i’ll check it out!

5 Likes

I love seeing different options, thank you!

4 Likes

That chart is so cute! Thank you!

5 Likes

Ooo 8 different ways? I love trying new things, I’ll have to bookmark this comment to come back to the video link later and try them all out :grin:

3 Likes

some of those are situational
how to make a jogless stripe with a color change, how to do a color change while carrying colors for chartwork, ect

5 Likes

That’s really great! I love that it’s all together in one video, I don’t know how many times I scroll for a video that pertains to one specific color change without knowing how to search for the one I want, going blank right when I need it lol :laughing:

4 Likes