hair troubles (h e l p)

hi everyone!
so, this has absolutely nothing to do with ribblr, but i am at a loss at this point. i have short (recently cut extremely), wavy, thick hair. i do everything im supposed to do, but my hair still ends up frizzy, and on bad days i practically look like albert einstien. plus, i am having so much trouble finding any hairstyle that works other than “down” any advice?

13 Likes

sorry but cant help :sob:
i have extremely wavy hair that it turns to curly, i never put it out unless i shower, sleep with your hair tied tightly, my hair is a bush and rlly knotty lol
do braids

7 Likes

Maybe try half up? It works for me, and i have the same probloms wity my hair. The right kind of shampoos help with the frizziness as well.

5 Likes

Have you tried squishing it while it’s wet? I eventually discovered my hair is curly after years of thinking it’s just a frizz ball. Water and squishing is my bff! Sometimes I’ll squish again with some mousse if I’m feeling extra fancy

5 Likes

Fay you can’t do braids when your hair is short ToT

4 Likes

I’ll try that (:

3 Likes

I have! And I always let it air dry afterwards, otherwise it is a flat little triangle

4 Likes

Lol flat triangleeeee noooo​:smiling_face_with_tear::joy: it’s just the curly struggles

Also I love a claw clip!! You can do a lot with them plus you don’t have to brush

4 Likes

Ah yes the claw clip! I have an ever growing collection that my friend swears is an addiction :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

darn.

3 Likes

I have short, curly, frizzy hair as well! I didn’t calm it completely but that is probably just my baby bangs.

1. Are you using hair oil?
    A. Only on ends.
    B. After shower when still mostly wet.(not dripping)
  2. Shampoo on roots, conditioner on those short bottoms.
  3. Don’t use heat alot. If you do, use heat protection.
    1. Just a couple of skuirts will do!
  4. You can do front braids, or tiny hair rubber bands. I have found this works really well sometimes when your hair is being really unruly. You can do bubble braids and more!That is all I know. Not sure if it helps or not but here it is​:blush:

This but half up or just the braids.
5 Likes

How short? shoulder length? ear length? You could also try two french braids, I have my hair a bit shorter than shoulder and they work for me? Idk if it would work with thick wavy hair, but you could always try!

4 Likes

My hair gets frizzy often but i use leave in conditioner and it helps a lot

3 Likes

ahh those are super cute! the one thing tho is with thick hair i cant use tiny elastics- they get stuf and i spend about an hour trying to get them out :sob:

4 Likes

just realised it might be helpful to specify what “everything im supposed to do” means :sweat_smile:

• wash my hair 1-3x a week (i use a shower cap on days i dont wash)
  • rinse with cold water
  • do a hydrating conditioning mask once a week
  • i use leave-in conditioner AND hair oil
    -i finger-comb my hair to prevent frizz
    -i use a mix of mouse and gel while my hair is wet to help form tbe curls
    -i use curl cream
    -i put my hair uo in a super high lose bun when i go to sleep and use a silk pillowcase
4 Likes

oh, and i can NOT blowdry my hair, even with a difuser

3 Likes

Same.

3 Likes

Nice. I do modt of those things to. Maybe try not using mouse and gel everytime or if you do the top braid half up no gel?

3 Likes

Hey bestie!! So I’ve got super short curls, but i think i can help with your situation! Obviousky if it’s humid theres nothing we can do to stop the frizz​:sob:But in my experience, i use curl cream and gel while its still wet, and brush sections away from my face. I also dont part my hair and just let it do what it wants, helps with volume :wink: Have you tried different styling methods like finger curling (some people use a brush instead idk) They might help! Goodluck <333

1 Like