Halloween Costumes

Halloween is coming up and I was wondering if anyone has ever crocheted/knit a costume or part of one? I would love to make a costume this year and want to see/hear some inspo!

Happy Halloween GIF by joeyahlbum

9 Likes

I’m not confident enough to make my own but I would love to one day.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure @OBabyNMore has! I haven’t though :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Check out @transatlanticcrochet Unique patterns | Transatlantic Crochet | Ribblr
https://www.transatlantic-crochet.com/

She does amazing cosplay!

8 Likes

This is so cool, thanks for sharing!!

4 Likes

I made thing 1 and thing 2 hats for my grandsons, and the cat in the hat for the mama

9 Likes

Adorable, I love that!

4 Likes

Also, a frozen theme one year. I mostly make the hats, And mama supplies the rest.

10 Likes

I have made an element for my son’s almost every year…
(Yes some look super cheap :woman_shrugging:t3:)

He was the Ghostbusters logo one year (made the :no_entry_sign: using cardboard and yarn wrapped around it)

I made a yellow hat so he could go as Emmett from The Lego Movie (shoebox painted red as the “piece de resistance” for his candy bag)

I made a scarf, hat, and mitts to go with the robe and tie for him going as a Hufflepuff (sister in law made his wand, and we had a cauldron bucket)

I’ve also made these that could be used for costumes

Hope this helps… Not sure I’ll get to make anything for both kids this year :pensive: (last year I didn’t make for either but my daughter had 2 pieces that were made for her that worked, and if it would have been colder, my son could have worn the Perry the platypus scarf I made him when he was around 4 or 5)

10 Likes

@HookedByMarilyn @OBabyNMore

Very nice! I would’ve loved the Frozen one when I was little @HookedByMarilyn

I especially love the little outfit you made for your baby girl! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
@OBabyNMore

5 Likes

Thanks
I actually didn’t make hers… One friend made the jumper and another made the hat… I just paired them to get the whole look :wink:

5 Likes

Too cute!

4 Likes

These are great! Thanks for sharing :two_hearts:

5 Likes

For great inspiration though check out Crochetverse Costume Gallery! She does amazing things!!

7 Likes

Oh wow!!! These are amazing, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I know, right‽ She does design, but not these costumes… I’ve been following her for so so long… And 5-6 yrs ago she even went national (sadly most memes said “when your b@d@$$ grandma makes your costume” and she’s the mom, I think younger than me)

4 Likes

Oh wow! Still, both of them did a great job :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Looks so cute on her!!

4 Likes

I do for my kid, last year he was Bowser, this year he’s gonna be a pukei pukei hunter.

Pick what ya want and just go at it, it’s fun!

5 Likes

I LOVE that hat with the skulls on it!

5 Likes

Hey! I was tagged further up :joy: I’m a crochet cosplayer so I am ALWAYS ready for Halloween. Crochet costumes are fun but very warm - so do be warned depending where you live!

7 Likes