Hand-knit socks

I’ve done it. I’ve caved. I resisted for as long as I could. But then I figured out the perfect-for-me sock recipe. And now I’m deep down the rabbit hole of sock knitting. Full-on sock addict. Team toe up!!

14 Likes

They look really comfy! I’m actually crocheting some socks for my brother (as a late birthday gift lol) although I had to pause for some pattern testing and selling

4 Likes

SO comfy!

5 Likes

team toe up all the way!

6 Likes

ooo so pretty! looks so professional!

5 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

I’ve never knit socks I have to ask, what about the process is different when working toe up? Does it make a noticeable difference in the sock itself or is it just more convenient to work with? Just curious.

4 Likes

Personally I like that I can try the sock on as I go, and knit until I’m done or out of yarn.

6 Likes

They look fabulous!

3 Likes

My sock patterns are all toe up, I like that you can get all the fitting out of the way first then just zone out for the leg part. There is a minor difference in construction depending on which construction style you are doing

6 Likes

I love that! That sound much more practical to me

4 Likes

Maybe one of these days I’ll get out my knitting needles and test it out :black_heart:

6 Likes

Yay! These look great!

Also, there is A Neverending Sock MAL thread if you want to join and share your FOs, WIPs, etc

4 Likes

Thanks and thanks for the info!

4 Likes

To go the opposite of the norm, I prefer cuff down… (Although I’m going to try a short row toe start on my next pair thanks to @anon5108995 )
I have tried so many different types of starts and always end up with an unusable mess… So making a small circle and working down, then using Kitchener stitch to seam the toe is what I found works for me… I also usually don’t make super long socks, so I don’t need to worry about running out of yarn (that may change as my son’s get keep growing though hehe)… Another reason I like cuff down is I can make the toe area fit my exact shape easier (my pinky toe is really short compared to the 1st 3 which are all the same length)

5 Likes

Kitchener stitch

Shaking Thom Yorke GIF

6 Likes