Hands hurt?

I’m pretty sure I have some arthritis in my hands. I found this over the counter medication very helpful.
It’s a gel and the active ingredient is Diclofenac. I get the generic brand from local store or pharmacy.

16 Likes

I made some comfrey salve. We have plants growing. It is only comfrey infused coconut oil and beeswax to give it some solidity. Some you can buy online have other additives. You should check it out.

Also, I slowed down on eating tomatoes and peppers, and my knees seem better. (not that my knees apply to my crocheting …)

7 Likes

Really, tomatoes? My knees hurt too.

7 Likes

Now I found a link that said no. But, mine quit hurting when the garden was empty … hmmm

7 Likes

I have arthritis in my knees and I use the doTERRA turmeric capsules, they gave a capsule in a capsule, the inner capsule is turmeric oil and the outer capsule is turmeric powder because they both do different things. They help my knees quite a bit, I haven’t taken any in 2 months and can definitely tell the difference! Will be getting more next month! I only take one a day even tho it recommends 2 and I still feel the difference.

7 Likes

Knees hurt from pulling weeds thsts why?!

5 Likes

Awesome!

6 Likes

I just discovered a similar gel in another brand. I didn’t know these existed.

5 Likes

For those of you who have arthritis or tendinitis in the hand(s), do you know what the difference of the feeling in the hands is? Do you think the remedies would be similar?

2 Likes

Arthritis is felt primarily in the joints ( think circles) , feel stiff, pain and stiffness typically worse upon awakening, and the pain is dull although intense., Anti-inflammatory typically help as well as heat/paraffin bath and working out the stiffness.

pain in a tendon is felt along or the sides ( think lines), pain is worse when sleeping and feels sharp/ shock like but can have an underlying dullness to it, pain shoots up when “using” that tendon. When the pain is REALLY bad despite rest, ibuprofen is worthless and Tylenol minimally helpful.

If you’re having the tendon thing, wearing a splint will help as well as extended rest.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the information!

2 Likes