Hello and welcome!

There certainly is! Best way i can help is if you post a photo of the stitches on your hook at each end

1 Like

Well I think I guessed right I was on a return pass. As it looked OK on the next row, :slightly_smiling_face: but it would be great to know in case I forget again :wink:, not sure if this is showing what you want to see? Iā€™m currently on a forward pass
ā€œyarn over, then inserting through next two loops, yo, repā€
The shawl is getting big now so didnā€™t take a pic of the finished forward pass, but please let me know if you need moreā€¦

3 Likes

Ahh just re read your msg, **ends!! ** Iā€™ll take more pics when Iā€™m on my next round, sorry :roll_eyes:

Ok, new pics. Hope they are what you actually wanted :grin:

2 Likes

Ok this photo here is half way through a forward pass (FwdP). I can see this because:

1. the row below is is a completed row - not part of the row you are working on right now.
  2. If you were to start a RetP right now, you would be making a short row!
  3. you havenā€™t gone all the way to the end of the row I can see on your hook.
2 Likes

Thanks for replying Abbey,
I understand mostly but hopefully will see it more with time
I took a pic of a return pass this is half way through, so if I put this down and came back to it and say I forgot which way I was going, Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d know it was a return. Looks to be the same as my first pic I postedā€¦?

2 Likes

Nope! Itā€™s different.
Hereā€™s why:
The blue line is the row youā€™re currently working a RetP on.
The yellow line is the completed row directly underneath. Can you see the difference now?

3 Likes

Sorry I assumed you were working on the round which is why I wanted the ends. Youā€™re working flat so the ends wonā€™t help here. Sorry!

2 Likes

Thank you again, I think Iā€™m seeing it more now.
Much appreciated.
I will keep watching the difference to get it to sink in :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Apologies I should have been clearer what I was doing Hehe

3 Likes

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

@Abbeymade where would you recommend looking for video tutorials for the more complicated stitches?

1 Like

Howdy,
Just YouTube will probably get you something. It would depend on the stitches you want to learn.

A few recommendations would be Knitter Knotter and Rachel Henri. Both have blogs. Rachel is more technical and experimental while Arunima (Knitter Knotter) has focussed on introducing beginners to new things.

3 Likes

Thank you! I will take a look at those.

1 Like

I won a clover bamboo set and I love them

3 Likes