Hello, Hello!

Hey guys, so I noticed a lot of people don’t recommend using cotton yarn for amigurumi, but I recently used it and it worked surprisingly well so if you are hesitating to try it, I think it’s worth a try!!:heart_hands::sparkles:
~cozy

12 Likes

The specific yarn I used is “sugar n’ cream”

6 Likes

I pretty much exclusively use dk weight cotton yarns for amigurumi. I find that it works well and I feel better using it, since acrylic and other synthetic yarns are derived from petroleum and create microplastics. So, I also highly recommend that people give cotton yarn a try :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Who doesn’t recommend cotton for ami?
The octos for premies group im in exclusively allow cotton due to allegy risk, shedding microplastics etc etc. .
Acrylic can be a bit troublesome as it can strech more and after a little playing, make plushes look saggy and floppy. That doesn’t happen with cotton though. I think cotton is great for keyrings too because its easier to clean than chenille yarns. (Probably making cotton better for young kids too). People like chenille cause its all soft and works up fast so you can make a bigger plushie quick.it can sell better at some markets.
I haven’t found a yarn I can’t ami with, just experiment yourself with materials and see what you like.

2 Likes

Yeah!

3 Likes

I definitely agree!!

2 Likes

I use all different brands of cotton yarn for my amigurumi. Usually because I’m doing miniature versions for keychains.

2 Likes

Most common where I live is acrylic. The cotton color selection isn’t that great at local stores. And it can be pricy to order from other countries. Because of our import fees but I do hear ya. It does look soft and nice.

2 Likes