Help changing to rounds and not rows on ribbuild charts?

@Ribblr - I think I might be being blind or that itā€™s because I am trying to do this on a tablet rather than the desktop, but how do I set the interactive chart to rounds? It seems to only be showing me rows and I canā€™t find a way to start from round 1 in the centre to make a chart for a motif?

5 Likes

I struggle with the charts as is, so Iā€™ll be of no help, but Iā€™ll tag @Ribblr for you two tags are better than one :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

This isnā€™t something we support unfortunately. yet :wink:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s such a shame. Especially as I have students who struggle with written patterns.

Is it something that is in the pipeline?

2 Likes

I guess I donā€™t understand exactly what it is you are wanting to do since I have never seen a chart that starts in the center of a round and ends in the center of a round. It usually either shows a pie shape chart (round yoke) or a whole chart, or half the motif on one side and the other half on the other side if it is to start and stop in the middle of the motif (left half of motif, space then right half)
would any of those work in your situation?

3 Likes

Maybe you could include a line staying to work the chart in rounds? Like, start at x square on the grid and when you get to y square, join them to begin working in rounds, in z direction

2 Likes

For example, a granny square starts in the centre and is worked in rounds and not rows. A mandala is worked from the centre. Thatā€™s what I meant, I didnā€™t explain very clearly.

2 Likes

oooooooh, yeah
ok, so I think you can remove the numbers and just make any chart , but it would not be an interactive chart, if that makes sense.
The old fashioned way was a pie slice of the square or doily that you just repeated since the symbols would be upside down anyway and your work is actually turned upright as you go

2 Likes

did that make sense? so if round one is 16 dc, and round 2 is ch1,(2dc) ch1, skip1, (2dc) ch1-repeat
you would just make the round 1 4dc, repeat then stack round 2 on top of that since you will work the section, rotate, work the same section all the way around. Since your piece is always rotated upright, the chart would match
It could work here too

2 Likes

Now thatā€™s a good thought. Thank you.

2 Likes