Help! Ideas, please?

So I got this purple ball of Bernat velvet yarn, and I already made 3 octopi and a hippo. Any ideas on how else to use it? Pattern links would also be helpful as well.

I’m so sorry the camera quality is bad. :disappointed:

12 Likes

Uhh, you could make stress balls

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Maybe an eggplant or spider and btw I love the hippoo

4 Likes

:sparkles:Cat ear Beanie :sparkles:

4 Likes

oooo make a dragon!

3 Likes

Oh yah it never occurred to me…

2 Likes

I think these guys could be really fun

4 Likes

Maybe this
https://ribblr.com/pattern/baby-dino-pattern-Crochet?

Oooh maybe a dinosaur

1 Like

Heart!!

2 Likes

whale, leggy froggy, dino

btw i love the octopi and hippo!!

2 Likes

I vote elephant so your hippo has a friend. Or mini dinosaur.

2 Likes

I love the hippo!!! You could make an elephant!! Could you post the link of the pattern you used for it pls???

2 Likes
1 Like

Oh my gosh that hippo is too cute. May I ask where you got the pattern or if it is yours and are you selling the pattern?

As for suggestions with this gorgeous purple yarn, I recently made an axolatol using purple for the main body and pink for the fins and tail edges, it turned out really cute. If you have any green a bunch of grapes would be cute.

Purple is my fav color so I would do maybe a teddy or a unicorn. If you have any pink or yellow you could make a pretty flower bag charm using the purple for petals or even make it bigger for a small flower cushion.

Are you only interested in amigurumi? If not what about ear warmers or headbands? I have been making ear warmers this week with some plush yarn and they turned out really cute and they are super soft and warm. And the best part of the ear warmers is that you can keep it simple or use different stitches to make it more elegant. My last one was using some black plush yarn and I used front post and back post double crochet. I used a 3.5mm hook to keep it somewhat tight and I was really pleased with it. I showed a friend who asked for it as she had a work party to attend and she thought it would make a nice headband. But I made a few purple ones and a couple of blue ones also.

I look forward to seeing what you decide to make!

1 Like
1 Like

The hippo pattern link is posted above I believe! THank you for the suggestions, I usually stay away from wearables; I think they take too long.

1 Like