Help in pain in elbow

I think I have tennis elbow, has anyone got this from over crocheting? If so what helped. I don’t wanna go to the ER with her risk of getting sick :nauseated_face::sneezing_face: (a lot of COVID here) I wrapped it up and put ice on it every hour. I’m taking Tylenol but it’s still hurting bad. Just wanted to ask if anyone has gone through this and if they found pain relief at home. Thank you!! (It’s killing me not crocheting lol)

13 Likes

Unfortunately i don’t know what that is or how to help with it so i wish you the best of luck!!

4 Likes

I’ve gotten it after taking notes in class all day. Not entirely sure what it was but I do know it was definitely an overuse injury. Nothing really helped it besides resting, but it hurt CONSTANTLY.

5 Likes

I had it from waitressing back in the day. Carrying heavy trays of food. When you do the ice, also switch to hot, (don’t burn yourself, not that hot). and back and forth. It helps the blood flow. You could do tubs of water to make it easier. Hot and cold, repeat. This link is helpful Alternating Hot and Cold Therapy - Do's & Don'ts - Vive Health

5 Likes

I would say maybe take a break from crochet, it sounds like you overworked your elbow. The safest option other than going to the walk in clinic, would be to stop crafting (I know it’s hard :sob::raised_hand:) and just rest your arm.

5 Likes

I’ve gotten this from crocheting about a year ago. I got a tennis elbow brace and took a lot more breaks than usual. Now I don’t have any pain anymore!!

4 Likes

I only had a mild case, but I found giving it a break from crochet for a week or two was the best thing to help it recover. When I started again, I tried to avoid projects that felt like they were causing strain. l now make an effort to incorporate more breaks during crochet sessions to prevent excess strain from occurring, and try to take notice of when my body is telling me to stop (instead of just pushing though like I used to). Hope this helps!

4 Likes

Thank you guys for all the helpful information!! It helps me so much!!

5 Likes

I’ve been getting pain in my elbow is due to crocheting nonstop. If we don’t take a break.

3 Likes