help! looking for....unicorn yarns! Too many options!

I am overwhelmed with options! I am looking for worsted & bulky yarns that have a mid-range price tag, great stitch definition, and are soft, not splitty, non pilling/fuzzy…just good quality. Any favorite high quality cotton yarns? Are there any high quality acrylics/polyester yarns that don’t feel “fake” or velvet-y?
Basically, I am looking for those cult-following type of yarns. I appreciate any suggestions! Thank you!

8 Likes

Have you tried Paris by Drops?:thinking: 10 ply (aran/worsted) def one of my favs to work with, many colors to chose from, soft and not expensive​:cherry_blossom: 100% cotton tho I don’t know much about acrylic yarn :point_right:t4::point_left:t4:

5 Likes

Have you tried Premier Parfait yarns?

5 Likes

I love drops paris for all my cotton works :green_heart:

4 Likes

I haven’t tried yet but have had Scheepjies Chunky Monkey recommended as a anti Pilling acrylic yarn to try for amigurumi.
As above drops paris is my go to cotton for my makes. Yarnandcolors epic also performs about the same and I’ve mixed and matched the 2 to get the colours I want.

4 Likes

I have not!! I have been trying to find a good place to puchase drops. Where do you get yours? Thank you so much for the suggestions!

4 Likes

Scheepjes Chunky Monkey is amazing! It’s one of the best yarns I’ve worked with. Kind Feather from Hobbii is great too, they have an amazing color range, but it’s dk. You can double it though! Wait for sales, they get good discounts.

3 Likes

You have to find a store that sells it, I think. Copied the website above for you.

3 Likes

I get my yarn from a local store​:sweat_smile: but I’m pretty sure on the link that was posted before you can find a store near you or an online one! :slight_smile:

2 Likes