Help me figure out which lovey

Im making my friend’s baby a gift for her 1st birthday and I cant decide what to do. I want to make a bumble bee lovey, but i dont know if i should do

A) a granny hexi lovey with yellow hexigons joined and bordered with tan with a bee on top in acrylic yarn

Or

B) a black and yellow striped granny square with a bee on top in plush yarn

I think both would turn out cute, but has anyone made a lovey with either yarn? I know the plush yarn would be super soft, but i like the idea of the colors of the acrylic yarn better. I just dont have time to find a good tan plush yarn near me and i need to get started either way :pleading_face:

10 Likes

u shd do B

3 Likes

Or option C) I wonder how yellow plush hexagons joined and bordered with black would work up… Kind of like a combo of the 2. I think i have enough bernat for that

3 Likes

nice

3 Likes

I would select A.

2 Likes

u should do a, bc it would look like honeycomb!

3 Likes

I like a combo idea. The black border with either yellow and black or yellow and tan striped hexis, and the bee. ^-^

Edit: Could maybe even alternate the ghexis, so you’ve got the black border all around but different designs on the hexis? Might have to make one or two of each pattern to see what you like.

2 Likes

What did you end up deciding?

Thanks for the input! I kind of did a mix and tried the hexis with acrylic and the bee in plush. I think it’s cute so far

1 Like

Agree entirely, it’s looking soo cute!

2 Likes

I was just wondering how the lovey was going?,
Nickelodeon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your input. It helped so much. I finished it and it was a hit! I did acrylic for the hexis and a plush bee on top. I forgot to take a pic, but i did post in comments to give an idea of what i was going for.

2 Likes