HELP ME SAVE ✨️yarn money✨️

Hey guys this is inspired by @FluffyYarnCreations but i am broke from buying yarn and i need better options lol :sob:
If you know any brands that are good quality but not too expensive or any hacks on how to save money on yarn lmkkkkkkk
Thanks!!

19 Likes

Big twist yarn from Joanns is only 2 dollars online sometimes, or if you have a knitted sweater you never wear, or don’t like, you can unravel it and get the yarn from it (But plz get permission :sob:)

7 Likes

Oh yeah thats a good idea!

7 Likes

I said this earlier, but if you sign up for a joannes and/or micheals account they will email you coupons and vouchers all fhe time, its great.

9 Likes

Big twist yarn is my go to, it’s not too expensive and its decent quality lol :pray:

9 Likes

Sammeee

7 Likes

Idk Im struggling too :sob::sob::sob::broken_heart:

7 Likes

I know right?? It feels so soft when you crochet with it too :drooling_face:

7 Likes

One option is to buy a crochet blanket from a thrift store and unravel it. I’ve seen them for $3 - $5, and they probably contain well over $20 worth of yarn.
It would mean taking apart many, many hours worth of work, but at the same time crochet blankets don’t sell that well (at least where I live), so it would also be like saving it from eventually getting thrown out.

Thrift stores also sometimes have nice yarn for cheap, and you can always find sweaters made from the more expensive yarns, too.

8 Likes

Premier’s Just Chenille yarn at the Dollar Tree works great for me if you have one near you!

6 Likes

I’m the last person to go to about yarn quality knowledge, but they have yarn at the dollar tree…
Chenille and acrylic

5 Likes

you guys are so lucky that you have micheals and joanns :sob: but what I did:

• My neighbours knit and crochet alotttt, so I asked them for their scrap yarns (i got a big bag!!!)
  • thrift a kitted something and unravel it for the yarn!
6 Likes

Joanns is good bc if u sign up u gets lots of vouchers and coupons and a membership is free!

5 Likes

@bulldogcrochetss u van order from joanns online

5 Likes

ik but the shipping is soo expensive for my country :confused:

4 Likes

here I have one craft store with one floor for crochet maybe u have sumthin like that??? I dunno lol

4 Likes

Its actually surprisingly soft :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Bernat Blanket is what I always use. They are about 12 USD per skein at JoAnns but they’re almost always on sale for 8 USD. Also Yarn Bee by hobby lobby is also really cute. Big twist yarn is was literally like 4 USD yesterday, and they are almost always on sale. Also, signing up as a member for Michael’s or JoAnns really helps because they send you coupons all the time.

4 Likes

OH YA daiso have chunky yarn for 3$ and now I have a box full >:3 they also have 5mm yarns same price

4 Likes

Joann’s is the best!
Get the app and sign up. They usually have a 20% off if you do the pick up in store option. That stacks on top of whatever sale they have going on.
Also they have a reward system if you buy x amount in a time frame you get $5 back.
Hope this helps :smiley:

3 Likes