Help what type of yarn to use in projects

Hi so im still new to crochet and i want to know if what type of yarn I’ll need such as granny squares bags?

8 Likes

acrylic and cotyon are good

2 Likes

If you don’t want the bag to stretch due to the weight of objects inside, then use jute or hemp.

6 Likes

what is jute?

2 Likes

I believe cotton would be good, although it can feel heavier I believe, but if you line the bag with fabric that should bear most of the weight and any yarn could be used, if you’re curious how to do that let us know and we can find some tutorials that teach it better than we can lol :rofl:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Cause i made a dew bags now and all of them are worsted yarn and I didn’t put any fabric inside of them cause idk how to do them… do i just search it?

3 Likes

Yeah, YouTube is good since it’ll show you, it’s really just sewing (machine or by hand) on the inside then combining the bag

4 Likes

I like to use cheap acrylic (like Red Heart super saver or Caron one pound) to make the bag then line it with cotton fabric! It makes it look more finished and keeps it from stretching. I would recommend cotton yarn for the granny squares, if you don’t want to line the bags, to keep it from stretching. I like to use lily’s sugar and cream.

3 Likes

Thank u so much

3 Likes

I likr big twist its not just because they are cheap but has a a great of combinations of colors

4 Likes

I have tried a lot of different yarns and the best wearing were like @anoswaldoddity suggested. Hemp and jute are really good for something thats high use and avoid stretching.
I have had issues with acrylic stretching and one bag I made and lined caused some discomfort to the user after the strap stretched(I didn’t line that bit).
Cotton can be good too but I find adds weight that hemp and jute do not. I found bamboo good too but I see that around less.

3 Likes

i use acrylic yarn

1 Like