Help With My First Crochet Pattern?

Hey everyone, I’m new here and this is my first time writing a crochet pattern, but I’d really appreciate if someone could help test it out. Since I’ve never written a pattern before, I’m really struggling with describing the way I attach legs (it’s a simple process, but hard to describe in words), and am not sure whether my instructions are comprehensible. I’ve also included some photos of the leg attachment steps, but I wasn’t sure what angle/perspective best conveyed what was going on, so I’d love if testers could provide feedback on which photos to include.

The pattern uses Bernat Blanket yarn, though I’ve also done it successfully with a different brand of size 6 yarn.

17 Likes

For some patterns and people, a video showing how you do it can help : ) Super cute Dino! :two_hearts:

8 Likes

I would love to help out; is there a deadline you would like it to be done by?

Also seconding @NoKittenAroundStudio ! If possible, videos are always incredibly helpful!

9 Likes

Maybe I could write it out for you or teach you some abbreviations ribbuild is really good to use and if you have read patterns before then you’ll be able to write patterns in a breeze.

8 Likes

I’d love to test this for you!

8 Likes

Thanks for the advice! I haven’t used this platform before, so does Ribblr allow you to include videos in your patterns? I’m also sort of unsure how to set up the camera so that I’m not blocking the view of the crocheting—do you have any suggestions regarding that?

7 Likes

Yes, from what I’ve seen, Ribbuild allows you to add videos to patterns! Filming can be a bit tricky if you don’t have a phone stand, but you could always stack items up, then set your phone on top at an angle! If you plan on filming often though, I’d recommend just investing in a phone stand! Good luck on your testing!! :wink:

7 Likes

They do allow it! Also, if it is a struggle to make your own, I’ve seen people embed yt videos from other people into the pattern, so if there is a tutorial that already exists showing that method, you can maybe try it that way? (Usually people will write it out and then say something like, refer to this video for more guidance.)

Also @ga-b-byyyy’s suggestion was really great for a quick fix!

7 Likes

Thanks for the help!

7 Likes

Thanks for the offer. The pattern is already completely written and I am familiar with the necessary abbreviations, it’s just that I’ve never been able to find a pattern using the method of leg attachment I do. There’s probably some out there somewhere, but I’m having difficulty describing it.

8 Likes

I just took a brief look at the pattern and, from a cursory glance, it does appear to make sense as written. The photographs with the step by step help immensely! I’ll let you know more once I’m actively working on it, but so far it looks like you may be able to forgo the video (though video demos are always welcome in my book ^.^).

8 Likes

Great, thanks for your help!

8 Likes

Ohh I love this! I’m working another pattern test right now and it’s making me mad because this would be perfect for a gift for someone :weary:

7 Likes

Thank you! Don’t worry, I’m actually working on another dinosaur pattern, so that will probably open up to testing in a few days or so.

7 Likes

Ooh good because I’m most likely gonna sign up!

5 Likes

Dino Tastic welcome :hugs:

5 Likes

Its absolutely adorable!

5 Likes