Hey everyone, I have a few questions and a suggestion

When I pay for my Flickr account it uses Stripe

3 Likes

That’s annoying! Whilst we cannot control what your bank charges you we let you choose a currency to pay with as most banks tend to charge only when you use a foreign currency. Do they charge you regardless?

3 Likes

It’s rarely over 5 cents a transaction. Nothing to get upset over.

3 Likes

I could also use some help is it really worth it

4 Likes

Well, I think @Ribblr might have convinced me to try it to sell my patterns here. I think I might give it a try.

5 Likes

Yay!!!

3 Likes

I use Stripe on my web page and e-commerce store. I was hesitant because I’ve always used PayPal Business and Square, Stripe is geared towards businesses that are primarily online which I am. I won’t use Venmo or CashApp because you have literally no protection as a seller with these types of apps. Chargebacks are not good and impossible to fight with them. Go to nerdwallet com. It has a great article about Stripe. Sorry I can put links in here.

8 Likes

This one?

4 Likes

No. It actually is strictly about Stripe. But you can just google Stripe and the info should come up. They are based in SF, Cal. Been around for over 14 years.

5 Likes

Here’s the one NerdWallet article that only discusses Stripe .

PayPal has offices here in San Jose where I live

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! @landrstudio

2 Likes

I have non profit accounting software that uses stripe to process donations online. It is a legit company (as you have read in the testimonials above).

2 Likes