Hey everyone, I have a few questions and a suggestion

My question is does anyone have experience with Stripe outside of Ribblr? I hadn’t even heard of it before joining this platform and I’m not so sure about actually using it.

My suggestion is maybe we can get @Ribblr to incorporate some other well known transaction services for payments like PayPal, CashApp, Venmo ect.

I use PayPal so I’m much more comfortable with accepting payments through it.

What do you all think?

16 Likes

Ye unfortunately my parents wont let me use stripe cus they arent familiar with it. But i wanna look more into it so that i could convince them to let me make an account, i just dont feel like it yet lol

8 Likes

I have the exact same questions and suggestions. Thank you tor putting that out 🫶🏼

9 Likes

This would be so great! :smiley:

7 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one. It’s not something my dad is familiar with either so I don’t feel comfortable with starting an account for it. I would be selling my patterns if there were more payment options. I’m too lazy to look into it. :laughing:

9 Likes

I moved this to support so Ribblr can look at it.
Actually, stripe is used by more companies than all the other avenues you mentioned as payment.

Here are some major companies using stripe to the tune of billion of dollars a year.

@Ribblr

10 Likes

@cozycrochett @lunarcrochett So glad you all agree. You’re welcome :heavy_heart_exclamation: I kind of took a risk posting this cuz I didn’t know what kind of reaction I’d get.

7 Likes

Oooh okay, that I did not know. I thought it was something new and not well known.

8 Likes

Same

6 Likes

lots of people ive talked to havent been familiar, and i havent been comfortable with it either, so i would definitely like to be more aware of how it works.

id love to see other payment platforms come into place such as Venmo, and PayPal.

ive been wanting to sell my patterns, im a little afraid of them being free, and getting stolen.

7 Likes

I agree

6 Likes

yes! I think this is something worth being discussed

6 Likes

Oh, Thank you for moving to the support section so it can be seen! :purple_heart::purple_heart: I appreciate you

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

As mentioned, Stripe is one of the leading payment processing providers, working with companies like Google. It was founded 14 years ago, generates over $12B in annual revenue and has nearly 10,000 employees.

We appreciate you might have not heard of Stripe, however we can safely say they have been a great partner for our designers allowing them to receive money safely, securely and with less fees compared to PayPal.

9 Likes

I personally have had a good experience with Stripe and really like it. In fact, I going to use at a craft fair for the first time :slight_smile:
Plus the lower fees are great!

8 Likes

My trouble is my credit / debit cards will not let me make an international purchase. I think being able to use Paypal to purchase would be helpful. I do use stripe to sell patterns and it is flawless.

7 Likes

My debit card will allow International purchases but the banks charges me a fee.

7 Likes

How can you use it at craft fairs? Just curious. I want to keep my fees down as well. I am new to selling outside of paypal and square… any advice instructions would be appreciated greatly :blush:

6 Likes

@LucindaLaneCreations Well I have yet to try it at a craft fair, but the app is called Payment (but be sure to type Stripe Payment when searching for it in the App store). It’s free to download, and all you have to do to get started is to connect your Stripe account.

Here are some pics:

IMG_4853

7 Likes

I’ve personally never heard of it before ribblr

5 Likes