Hi everyone, I just have a couple questions...

Hi everyone, my name is Savannah and Iā€™m kinda new here. I just have a few questions about pattern making on this app.

Does anyone know if you can create a pdf file using ribbuild and put it on other platforms like Ravelry? Or is it exclusive to just Ribblr?

I was also wondering if I could make loom knit patterns and maybe put them in the Knitting category. Is that against the rules? I havenā€™t seen any loom knit patterns here so I just wanted to ask first.

Everyone here has been so pleasant, so I finally worked up the courage to post this. Thank you to anyone who sees this and rep lies.:purple_heart:

8 Likes

Hi!
I think when you create and make your pattern using ribbuild, there should be an option to generate a pdf : )
I think you can pretty much do whatever with your pdf :blush:
Hope this helps!
:orange_heart: Nicole
NoKittenAroundStudio

4 Likes

Hi Savannah and welcome!

You can use Ribbuild, Ribblrā€™s pattern editor, completely for free to design patterns.

As @NoKittenAroundStudio rightly said you can even generate a PDF version of your interactive pattern - thereā€™s a free option and paid one which has more features.
I am sure crafters will enjoy your patterns most in the interactive Ribblr ePattern format, thatā€™s why we created it in the first place :wink:

Hereā€™s how you can generate a PDF of a pattern you created with Ribbuild.
Itā€™s hard to protect PDFs so if you use it do Iā€™d advise to check out the #CraftersAgainstPiracy campaign.

Thereā€™s no support loom knitting quite yet, so itā€™s best not to confuse people with listing patterns in the wrong section. But if you can send one of your patterns to our team @Ribblr as an example it could help us push forward in supporting more craft types!

8 Likes

Yes you can! There must be a button to select the PDF option!!

5 Likes

@NoKittenAroundStudio .
@saar .
@TejsCreationsCo

Thank you all, I really appreciate it.:purple_heart::purple_heart: This helps me a lot.:+1: I asked about the pdfs so Iā€™ll know what my options are for which platforms to use for pattern making. Iā€™ve been using Microsoft Word which requires a subscription to get all the features so itā€™s limiting. Iā€™ll definitely be sure to take advantage of the ePattern format and maybe Iā€™ll send one of my loom knit patterns in the future.

7 Likes