Hiding threads - help

Hi fellow ribblrs !

I need your advice again please !
I am TERRIBLE at hiding threads after i’m done crocheting. I mean in amigurli it’s easy i stuff everything inside. But for clothing… it always end up coming out again even if i hid them with a needle.

Do you have any tricks i could use ? I’ll include a pic of the piece i’ve just finished and it’s countless threads to hide :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Thanks !

Saz

11 Likes

I have the same issue lol :joy:

5 Likes

I usually go in the same color, back and forth 3 times, not necessarily in the same stitches. This video might help.

12 Likes

Thanks a lot ! I’ll make sure to check it out !

7 Likes

The struggle is real ! Ahahah

7 Likes

I work my threads in at the base of the row as if I had worked over them, then I loop around one stitch and go back the opposite direction. I try to do this as close to the seams as possible. Making a “u” turn in the weaving tends to prevent the thread from being pulled out of place when your item is worn.

13 Likes

For real lol :rofl:

1 Like

There are several methods, so its about finding the one that works best for you. If Im joining a new colour I usually work over the tail for a few stitches, then sew it in afterwards, making sure to bring it in at least 2 different directions. If I’m joining a new ball in the same colour, I like using a Russian join, which means no ends to weave in - lots of videos on you tube about that technique

5 Likes

agreed, it depends on so many factors like knit or crochet (and what stitches), how close to the seam, new color or same color, type of yarn, what gauge are you working in. It’s good to have several options.

6 Likes

I thread It like a “u” shape and then felt in the end to make it extra secure!

7 Likes

Thanks everyone. It gives me plenty of options ! I am very grateful

4 Likes

I usually weave in base row on garments and back and forth. It stays put

5 Likes
4 Likes

I think the part they all have in common is the “u-turn”
If you weave in one straight line, then pull the piece at all in any direction, the item will stretch but the thread will not. That is what makes it hang out.

7 Likes

I think that’s my probleme ! I never did a u turn.
But now… i know better thanks to you folks !

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

2 Likes