Hmmmm, beware of reviews

I submitted a factual review of what actually happened and that I returned it for refund.
Michaels sent me this through email stating they wouldn’t publish it “it doesn’t meet guidelines”.
SOOOO, don’t believe the reviews you read that are screened by the company you’re reviewing.

21 Likes

Yeah I always take reviews with a grain of salt and check other sources as well not just from the site, sometimes it’s because of this or because sometimes an item has more bad reviews since they’re more outspoken compared to good reviews since someone is more likely to write a review from a bad experience than to leave one if it’s good (if this makes sense lol)

9 Likes

Yes, it does make sense. I think word of mouth reviews are best.

9 Likes

Definitely especilly since you’ll understand it better (ex; you’ll know what they consider soft, etc)

8 Likes

Another popular crafting forum that sells patterns, they can delete negative comments on the patterns. You can leave comments on your own project page. Those they can’t remove

9 Likes

Reviews are definitely filtered by brands, no wonder websites usually have very close to 5 stars on every product :dizzy_face:

8 Likes

You left out the name of the crafting forum or did you mean to?
@tygger428

7 Likes

Edited

Yes. I don’t believe in trashing other online forums. So would prefer not to name the one my post referred to

Or say/do something that might be perceived by them as trashing them.

It doesn’t surprise me that Michaels would not allow negative comments. Even if the comments are honest and respectful ones. I don’t see anything about yours other than possibly the made in China part. They should fix the problems rather than delete comments

9 Likes

Well, there ya go.
There Ya Go GIF by Financial Coach Academy

7 Likes

I’m guessing it’s the"made in China"part. Amazon will reject a review if it includes anything about the shipping or country of origin

7 Likes

I’m a little surprised that one got deleted? It actually talks about the product. I work for an online company and we delete some reviews, but some are literal spam and don’t talk about the product at all.

6 Likes

Hmmm, you have a point there.

5 Likes