Holes after ending each round?

For some reason everytime i finishba row in a hat theres a hole or its like longer then the opposite end of the hat? Any idea as to why? I think I am skipping a st maybe?

4 Likes

what method of ending a starting the round are you using?
For instance, is it something like “double chain in first stitch…slip stitch in first dc to end round” or " chain 2, this counts as first stitch…slip stitch in beginning dc to end round" I would need to know that to tell you what the problem is

5 Likes

without knowing more, my best guess would be that you are crocheting into your joining stitch instead of slip stitching it, or that you tension is different on the starting chain than the rest of your stitches and you need to use a different joining method

5 Likes

Beginning is chain counted as dc. To end slip stitch into the chain

4 Likes

Yeah, so it looks like you are either making a new stitch at the end into the chain, or your beginning chain is too loose
Try doing it again with only a ch 1 instead of ch2 and see if that helps until you get better control over your tension.
If not, then it’s your slip stitch technique and you can look that up on YouTube

3 Likes

I think i know what happened. Can it be becauss im accidentally skipping a stitch at the end?

3 Likes

it could be if you are skipping a stitch at the end
but I would try a few rounds with one chain less as your starting stitch or actually do a stitch instead of the chain and see if either of those fixes the problem because that is what the picture looks like would be the problem

4 Likes

I would have to see a single round at the start then just before you make the last stitch then the last stitch… I think you are adding a stitch
I blew the picture up and this looks like you are making a corner but I can’t tell you what step is wrong without individual photos of each step
somehow you are making a stitch then a chain space then another stitch then later you are putting 2 stitches in that space with a space between them, this is how you make a corner for a square, like a granny square, but it will not make a circle.
the proper way would be to make a chain that sticks up from the previous row all by itself, then continue your stitches around, once you are at the end of the round you will not yarn over or go down to the previous row
you will go from the top of the last stitch to the top of the first stitch, insert your hook, pull up a loop and without yarning over again, pull that loop through loop on hook then make another chain that stands up from the row all by itself to start another row.
so try that and see if it’s different than how you have been doing it

3 Likes

That was very informative thanks so much i will try that tomorrow! Your help on my last mistake on a beanie worked. The person i was making it for loved it​:heart:

4 Likes