Holiday Creations

Show us what you’re making this holiday season! Maybe a gift for a loved one, or perhaps something for a craft fair or the like! Any craft!

I’ll start! This is the crochet first granny square that I’ve made (out of many that I still have to make) for a blanket for my parents for Christmas! I’m pretty new to working with granny squares, so tips are appreciated.

My camera’s really bad sorry :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

14 Likes

It actually looks good from what I can see.

5 Likes

It’s looking great! I love the winter colors

5 Likes

Awww thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Gonna be awhile before I finish it though :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Thanks so much! I didn’t realize it but yeah, these squares are winter colors!

5 Likes

i designed a string lights pattern.

4 Likes

That sounds really cool! Do you have a picture saved we could see? :thinking::thinking:

4 Likes

yes. The pattern is in my shop too.

9 Likes

Those look super cool! Nice work!

5 Likes

Loving the icy vibes; your parents will surely love it! And from what I can see your granny is looking great so far - never seen one made with a plushy/blanket yarn (imagine a cozy granny cardigan :scream_cat:). :relaxed:

I’ve made a few seasonal items, but my most recently completed was this super cute little festive polar bear made for a pattern test of kelscraftedcritters’ gumdrop gang (what a mouthful of a sentence :rofl:). My goal is to make one of each and turn them into ornaments :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Thanks so much for your kind words! They will look SO CUTE as ornaments!!

7 Likes

Thank you! I hope so; I’m working on the reindeer now. ^.^

(Also, I can’t think of any specific tips at the moment as I’m relatively new to granny squares myself, but when I made my first batch youtube was a great help for finding various methods and neat tips/tricks, as well as troubleshooting! I’m sure you’ve probably already explored this, but figured I would mention it anyway :relaxed:)

6 Likes

I’m working on finishing up this cow as a gift. I have the body and legs done. Need to do the tail and horns and attach it all. I’m not sure I’m liking the lashes though. Finished one of the ornament tests for @brikoba. I plan on the striped one next. I’m going to try to make one for each member of the family and embroider their name or initials on it.

10 Likes

The cow is so cute! And the eyelashes look great! The ornament looks super cool too!

6 Likes

Thank you! :hugs:

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve checked out YouTube, it’s my main source :laughing:

Can we see the reindeer once you’re finished if you feel like sharing? It sounds adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

The lashes look good .

5 Likes

Love the idea of the embroidered ornaments! So sweet!

This cow is shaping up so nicely!

4 Likes

Thank you! I was thinking of making a poll, but everyone at home and so far in here seems to like them.

3 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes