Hooks, Hooks, Hooks! (and dupes)

So, I’m not a hook collector, I’m more of a stitch marker collector. But I have been on the hunt for some nice, ergonomic acrylic hooks.
Not a full set, I just want to be able to pick something fancy out for a project occasionally when I want soemthing to feel special, or need an extra pick me up.
I adore the beauty and shape of many of the Furls hooks, but man are they just way out of my price range.

So, I am here to ask,

What is your favorite, acrylic and ergonomic hooks? I’m on the search for a good Furls dupe!

Preferrably with some mixed colours, swirls, or glitters.
And under 20$ for sure.

8 Likes

Once in a while Furls releases their seconds, which are either missized or don’t have proper color ratios. And they sell them at a discount.

8 Likes

Ooouu I did not know that! Thank you!
I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for that! Discounted and unique, I couldn’t ask for more lol

6 Likes

I make my own :sparkling_heart: I use clay to make the handle a little thicker :relaxed:

8 Likes

Hello!! A while ago, I bought this crochet hook set from Amazon, and I still use it all the time! The hooks are pretty good quality, come in a HUGE range of sizes, and are VERY comfortable when crocheting for a long time, and the needles are a plus! The stitch markers are a bit fragile feeling, and I’m not sure how to use the stitch counter, but everything else is absolutely amazing and works like a charm!! Would highly recommend!!

P.S. I took a chance when buying this, as not all of the reviews are the best, but am very glad that I brought it in the end!!:heart:

5 Likes

@SierraCrochets07 That is such an incredible idea! I use to sculpt a little to, so it’s not new territory. I can’t believe I didn’t think of that. I could really spruce up my plastic ones that I’m not a huge fan of.

@ga-b-byyyy Unfortunately I already have those hooks, and some plastic ones as well, so I have the sizes that I could need, I’m looking for something that is a shapely acrylic hook.(I’m thinking maybe 3 different sizes, pretty ones just to add to my collection, as I said I normally don’t collect hooks, just what I need. So I wanna spring for something pretty and Furls like.) I appreciate the reccomendation though! I have those exact hooks already haha

5 Likes

Use air dry clay if you plan to use plastic! You can’t bake that!

6 Likes

Oh gosh of course lmao

5 Likes