How did you learn???

Learnt crochet basics from one grandma and knit basics from the other @36yrs ago! No Internet back then so I learned more from library books and free craft store leaflets (they used to have free printed patterns hanging by yarn as a promo to encourage you to buy yarn to make the thing). Had to figure out a lot for myself because no one who lived near us crocheted (my mom could a little but only sc). It’s so awesome that you can find so many resources online now!

5 Likes

My mom bought me some crochet plushies for my birthday and i loved them so much i decided to learn. I only had youtube so i just learned watching videos :unamused:

7 Likes

I told my friend I was interested in making my own plushies by crocheting and then she decided to help me :slight_smile: she taught me all of the stitches and helped me step by step while making my first ever plush <33

7 Likes

My mom taught me to knit many many years ago.
I taught myself to crochet about 6 years ago

6 Likes

Awww Thankyou!

5 Likes

I learned knitting at school and crochet with YouTube tutorials

6 Likes

I started watching a bunch of Pinterest videos…. Ya know, the thirty second videos that show you little to nothing…

6 Likes

Mine is similar to @littlemisswonderful 's
The instructions were complicated for me, so i watched a YT video and used the matierals from the kit. The rest is history lol :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My mom was strongly against me learning how to crochet for some reason even though she knows how to. That’s why one time when she was away I bought myself some yarn and a hook and looked up tutorials on YouTube. Last year I learned how to knit the same way. And now my mom constantly asks me to make her stuff because I learned how to crochet better than her lol.

7 Likes

ribblr mostly, but my family is a v i d crafters

6 Likes

I had a crochet teacher (friend ) but all she taught was how to make squares, so then YouTube became my teacher hehe
And now I am a crochet teacher hehe

5 Likes

And thank you for having the patience to deal with me lol

4 Likes

:sob::sob::sob: you learned really quickly!!!

4 Likes