How do I get rid of those weird bumps in my crochet? (RESOLVED)

hi :slight_smile:
i just started making a worm on a string scarf and at the end of each row, I chain 1 and turn it over, but there are still lots of holes and bumps?

4 Likes

without a photo, it would be hard to tell you what happened

5 Likes

i just added one :>

5 Likes

Hmm, since you already started I would continue what you’re doing and at the end SC around the project for a border and that should hopefully straighten it out and make it straighter. If you’re not that far along/wanted to frog the project you can try this method I found online to make edges straighter

7 Likes

thanks!

5 Likes

No problem, and good luck! Let us know if there’s still confusion or you more help :smile:

5 Likes

just a couple of thoughts, and I marked the picture for reference
the worst of the gaps and uneveness is from the skipped stitches. You have a few lines there where you either skipped the first or second stitch of the row or did not go all the way to the end of the row.
You may also want to start making your turning chain after you turn instead of before you turn. It tends to sit a little nicer for some folks that way.

6 Likes

thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes! She demonstrates what is also known as an alternate turning chain. I don’t chain and turn on anything anymore.

5 Likes