How do you keep track of your stash? 🧐

:joy: :joy: :joy: only like 3 or 4 of my bins are super organized, what I mean by that is like I know what’s in them and it’s all relatively similar (blanket yarn, worsted acrylic, special yarn, and basket #2 which mainly has 3 skeins of the same yarn in 3 colors (dark red, bright yellow, carrot orange) and a couple of other random balls and a skein of black I didn’t want to put in one of my other bins and/or there wasn’t room) Also basket 3 is really simple but random :joy: My flute, a small bag of stuffing I use when I’m going someplace as to not bring the whole giant bag with me, some nice yarn, and a bag of some finished projects, so it’s small and nice but more like an ‘extra stuff’ basket :joy: :joy: :joy: I play the piano and flute and sing so I’m quite into music and I knit and crochet so I’m quite into crafts (that’s why I’m on Ribblr) :wink: Also I am SO NOT ORGANIZED :joy: :joy: :joy: the only reason some things are so organized (right now :wink:) is because we had company come over last weekend and they were sleeping in my room, so the result of it is I had to clean my room! I organized some of my yarn bins when I was doing that in the beginning and that stalled me a little from other decluttering and cleaning :wink:

4 Likes

two like minds, that’s generally when mine gets organized as well. :joy::joy:too many irons in the fire, and on days when I am actually pumped to do it, some family member or friend will call and need something and when I’m done with that my desire to organize has stealthily “snuck” away :joy::joy:.

5 Likes

Yes same :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

I have two separate cedar chests - one for wool and wool blends and the other for cotton, acrylic, and other non-wool yarns although the wool/wool blends is overly full and I moved some superwash wool into the cotton/acrylic chest. I was just looking into both jammed full chests earlier today, thinking I need to update my spreadsheet so I can get a better handle on what I have. I haven’t done that in a long time. I learned to crochet last year (I already knit) so I hope to work down the stash but I need to know what I have first!

5 Likes

That’s cool! How often do you update your spreadsheet normally?

2 Likes

Would you be interested in a feature where you can easily input your stash and keep track of what you own? @HookedByMarilyn @Minty_Mia @NoKittenAroundStudio @crochetmineshop @yarnjunky @LDSVenus @YarnieBlonde

6 Likes

Sounds cool :sunglasses:
Do it plz :weary: >:))
How would it work though? :thinking:

3 Likes

We’ve been planning a feature like this for a while - it will be like a virtual stash tracker where you can add what you own, like yarn or hooks. How many of each, which brands etc. Similar to the pattern journal, but for stash :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Do it definitely >:))

3 Likes

I would love that!!

3 Likes

I really need that feature. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I would love that! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@Ribblr that would be a great idea! mine would be hand spun yarn and spinning fiber for the most part, not that I don’t have any yarn, but more spinning fiber, :joy: i’m SABLE in that!

2 Likes

That sounds great :clap::clap: I don’t have any system to track my stash! They are stowed away everywhere around the house! :joy:

3 Likes

@RajiK We’ve been there :sweat_smile:

@LDSVenus that’s awesome!

3 Likes

I’m new to crochet I have a small-ish large-ish stash of many different colors types and textures of yar in a large tote right now and a friend is always giving me new ones. How do I even keep track of it all?

4 Likes

I don’t lol

4 Likes

Is that by choice or just because it’s super hard? :sweat_smile: @Kiwitarts

3 Likes

Thanks, but I would never take the time to complete or keep it up.

2 Likes

Because it’s supper hard for me. I’m always making something and I make a bit of a mess trying to find what I’m looking for…:rofl:

3 Likes